AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mirror Brackets on PPG glass

I have had several(over 20) mirror brackets come off the windshields in the past month or so. They have all been PPG Dot 18, but all different part numbers. Some come off before we ever pulled the vehicle out of the shop, some a few days after the install, and most embarresing a couple after we pulled the vehicle out, but before it was picked up be the customer.

In almost all the cases the glue does not stick to the glass at all and I can peel it off the bracket with my fingers.

I thought it was from the hot summer at first, but now there have been so many I was wondering if any one else has experienced this.

Re: Mirror Brackets on PPG glass

X2

Not any more then usual

SBOK
QUIT YOUR WHINING!!!lol It is not just PPG's.Pilkington is the same way.I thinhk they are buying the same cheap glue.SBOK have a good day and get your feet off the desk.

SBOK, I too have noticed an increase in mirror tabs falling off. Like you said, we had one fall off right after we pulled it out to let things set. By the way I didn't see anyone WHINING out here. GET OFF THE WHINE ALREADY! I was thinking of posting this also, glad you did!

Thanks XXX for the response and defense. With BG its no use though, he is on a sales high right now. Isn't that right BG?

BG,
So is Pilkingtons really coming off also?
Hadn't talked to you on the phone since this happened, but was doing a Lincoln at a body shop. Mirror had Compass, Temp, Electrochromatic, etc. I decided to go ahead and put it on before we installed the glass. About half way to vehicle the mirror hit the body shop floor and broke. Only a $400 plus list price on that one.

SB we have had alot of them coming off.now that you said something about it.SB the bottom fell out of it as of 9-1-06. so that is why I get to be back on this.

XXX you don't know SBOK very well.All he does is WHINE.XXX where are you from?

rural minnesnowta

We never had mirror brackets fall off until the last two months. As of this morning, we have had 6. I hope current PPG leadership realizes that the quality reputation, that took over 100 years to build, has been extremely compromised in the last couple of years. I am now going to pay more and be inconvenienced for LOF quality. PPG is now the crap glass of the industry.

LOF quality? Now, that's an oxymoron.

In the last few months I seem to have encountered this problem with Subaru and Hyundai windshields. I didn't really pay attention to who made the windshields though. I have had pretty good luck with the PPG and Pilkington brands.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com