AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FW2366 03 Lexus GX470

Hi, I need a little advice. We put a windshield in an 03 GX470 last year. It has a rain sensor. The customer called last week and said she needed another one installed this one was broken. She then went on to say that since we had replaced her windshield in 05/05 that her rain sensor had not worked. She took it to the dealer and they told her that we had put a windshield in that was not compatable with a rain sensor. They told her that because it wasn't a dealer windshield her rain sensor wouldn't work. We got her to understand that this wasn't the case and that she should have let us know before now. She was ok with that and just wanted to make sure that we put the correct windshield in this time. FW2366 is the correct windshield for this car with a sensor. We are scheduled to do this tomorrow. I guess I haven't paid enough attention to windshield with rain sensors in the past but should the place where you attach the sensor have a sticky or tacky feel to it. It seems that I have seen several that did but this one does not. Do I need to purchase something from the dealer in order for the sensor to work properly? Thanks in advance for any info.

Re: FW2366 03 Lexus GX470

Sometimes aftermarket glass is thicker than the OE. That differance can throw off the optical reading of the sensor. I believe after market glass is thicker by a few milimeters because it is less expensive to manufacture.
Chinese glass

Fred, I just checked my glass and it is a Pilkington.

there is a rain sensor pad that goes between the glass and the sensor. they are between $3 and $15 I replace it with a new one

Right, but where is it made. Need the DOT # to know.

you need part # 89944-50010 rain sensor tape

Do ya'll realize that ya'll are life savers!?!?!?!?! It seems so odd to have somewhere to go to ask experienced glass installers questions. One of the MAJOR problems with shops in our area is that they are so cut throat that they would never help you with a problem!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Indiana,

Is that the clear gel pad that goes between the sensor and glass, and if so is it the rectangle one, and does it fit most lexus rain sensors of that type, not just that particular vehicle? Also is that a dealer part number? thanks

that is a toyota part #, we will not use aftermarket ws with a rainsensor because of that problem. we do a lot of lexus ws the networks won,t pay the price until you get the customer involved., i tell them don,t insure a 55,000 car and ***** a 1,200 ws

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com