AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Has The IGA went Senile?

Ok, I think we would all agree that most IGA member dislike safelite.. so why in the HELL would you quote safelite when promoting you web site as they did in a recent IGA Beacon. If you hate somone you sure as hell do not quote them if they are truely the devil...

Larry

Re: Has The IGA went Senile?

Do you really think Safelite get 50% of thier business from the web? No Way.

Oh, come on, now. Senile? How would that apply in any context? The quote was intended to elicit a response by using the quote(s) from a noted competitor(s).

In that scenario, of course you would quote a foe. In this case, it was designed to focus attention on the future of the biz, and how two prominent players are vying for position.

And frankly, I think it was nicely done. Sometimes you need to hit people between the eyes with statements like that to get their attention. In the simplest form, they are marketing the new program by using the age-old method of promotion of tapping the readers concerns of being left behind in an ever increasing technological world. In urban and suburban markets, I think the concept is a heck of a good idea. It may not apply to smaller rural type areas, where vendors know their customers almost on a first name basis. The majority of the populous lives in the urban and suburban areas.

Right Mark, they are trying to promote their program simply by stating facts. At least through the internet there is a reduction in steering, so it only behooves us indies to use it.

glassgod,

how does it reduce steering?

doesn't the customer still have to go through their insurance, and wouldn't we still have to deal with the TPA?

or are you saying a web site forwarns people so they stick to their guns to go to a particular shop?

In my opinion the internet is the new Yellow Pages.
Big ads are big money. People who used the Yellow pages will use the internet but word of mouth and localized ads will still yield better results.
Insurance customers still won't go to net because they will still call the 800# for claims and the TPAs will still steer them where to go.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com