AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PPG/GM

Anyone have any info on the new PPG/GM dealer program?

Re: PPG/GM

no but I am sure interested in details.

DL what's the scoop

PPG has a program with mercedes they supply about 15 to 20 oem windshields. Mercedes was having trouble with alot of brekage. If you order a glass from the GM dealer takes a long time to get the glass. If they do this glass will be availble in a day, but it will be at dealer price. ALOT, $$$$$$.

go into more detail sir.

I dont understand what GM has to do with Mercedes. Do you mean Chrysler?

Hey DL i had same problem with Merceedes logo glass coming from ppg ITS JUNK.. had to get from dealer it was fine, specially in SUV's

Since the parts come from Mercedes via PPG, I don't see how you can get "junk", if it's the same parts.Probably your perception.

this does not appear to be the same program as the merc deal, it is being pitched to the industry that way though. I would suggest you check your GM dealer customers, especially in rural / small market areas.

As Glenn Moses pointed out in the last CT glass board meeting Mercedes and BMW are starting to train the dealers how to install. The only problem is in CT they will have to be state lisenced or they are breaking the law!

BMW in north teaxas has two techs that install auto glass . They charge BMW book hrs. @ $95 per hr. plus parts and labor and they give no discounts off of list so a w/s that we would do for say $475 they would do for almost $900 or more.
Most of the BMW book hrs for BMW w/s replacements range between 6 hrs to 12 hrs ( this includes cure time)
As far as the program I dont know to much .

bly no its not perception its reality.

You should not be getting ANY Mercedes or GM Logo parts from your local PPGAG. If you are, then someone should be in trouble

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com