AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FUEL CHARGES

IS ANYONE CHARGING FUEL MISC. CHARGES, IF SO HOW MUCH,
AND ARE ANY OF THE NETWORKS OR INS. CO. PAYING IT. WITH THE MARGINS SO SMALL THESE DAYS AND FUEL SO HIGH,I DONT SEE HOW FREE MOBILE SERVICE CAN CONTINUE.?

Re: FUEL CHARGES

This post although not as eloquent, is much of the same content relating to a post of mine that was removed by the webmaster of this forum. (mainly because other people ruined it by getting way off track) Nonetheless sir, if you feel you must pass on fuel charges or ANY added cost to YOUR customer, it is your right as a businessman to do so!!!! Do not allow you and your company to be held hostage. If you do we all will be bound, gagged, and stuffed into a body bag. Take matters into your own hands and do what you gotta do sir!!! Free enterprise forever!!!

I'm adding when I can get away with it, but I am in an area where D/T & SG are my primary comptetitors and D/T will give it away rather than see me get the job. You get to a point where you try to be competitive, but you have to draw a line at some point. They are l/b ing now because they are slow but their prices will jump back up as soon as they get busy. NEVER fails!! LOL!! With insurance companies, you can ask, but you won't get it!!

I have been adding fuel charges for about 3 months now and I am getting paid for it on a hit and miss basis. State Farm has actually paid it several times. I bill direct to State Farm, not through Lynx though. I charge 5% of total bill before labor costs.

Hey Just, have you ever gotten it from a network?

UNTIL ONE OF THE BIG GUYS GETS UP THE NERVE TO CHARGE WE WILL ALL SUFFER!

Why do some think that charging a fuel surcharge is "getting away with something." Your billing is not "getting away with anything" this is thought process in this industry and part of the reason we are where we are. If you are going to charge it then make sure you get paid for it, don't have the attitude of sticking it on the bill to see if you get lucky. Bill it and collect it!! We have been charging it for 6 months and I make sure we get paid, if you fight for it you will.

It's not so much a mind set as trying to compete in a martket where D/T is selling a DW1217 for $125. and Harmon is selling a DW1300 for $130. (no, I don't sell them for that), there is a point where you have to draw the line. In this market, it's anyones guess as to what D/T or any of the others are going to be pricing on any given day. There is NO consistancy here. There are 6 companies in this area that go in and low ball when they are slow, so it's not just one competitor doing it to where you can push the quality and service end.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com