AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TORNADO

YAH HOW'S BUSINESS DOWN THERE IN CENTRAL MINNESOTA GOIN FOR YOU BOYS WITH THE INCLIMATE WEATHER EVENT LAST THURSDAY?

Re: TORNADO

I heard they got hail the size of elephants, no it was baseball. Took out all car windows w/s and backs, and left dents a foot around! Also heard they are shipping in glass like crazy!

++Sigh++ I envey all you lucky people around the country who have been getting those baseball sized hail storms. Here in NY we are getting horribly mild winters and sunny hot summer days.+++Sigh+++

yah i had a couple customers drive into my shop from an hour and a half away last friday and we replaced a couple pieces. I guess state farm wouldn't let the customer file a glass claim without looking at the entire vehicle first at one of their service centers first, so she paid cash for the work on a 04 VW Passat. There wasn't a piece of metal on that car that didn't get touched.

P.S: as a side note, you people who whine and complain about pilkington will love this one...they said because of the storm I should not expect to see any glass runs all day (and that's when I called them after not seeing my first two of the day) and if I want my parts I should come pick them up myself..click. We all know they don't have their #$%& together as it is, but we really found out what happens when other people need glass but our orders were placed the prior evening to the storm. We can roll with it, I never trusted them, that's why I wait until I have a good part in hand to even schedule a job if I must use pilkington. Supply issues happen, that's business, the people who work for pukington simply don't give a F.

Do I detect a whine GlassRx??

if it's the glass of red you hear me sippin on?

The storm damage is not all it is made to be. Office time to get approval and coordinate between the insured and claims reps is extremely demanding. The insureds are told to wait, glass shops risk not getting paid when the car is finally totaled. You simply cannot get answers. The customers are in serious need for the glass since the vehicle is undriveable. The clean up is very time consuming. In the old days when insurance would work with you to provide for their customers it was not nearly such a problem.

It is far more important to make a living at everyday replacements.

I bet it is a NITEMARE!

pilkington dont deliver to shops in north texas unless they are out side a 60 mile radius.
It would be nice to get one nice hail storm here. We used to have a group of 10 techs that we would send out to chase storms in the 80's & 90's but became to much of a hassle so i leave that to DT & Safelite and worry about the customers that are located around our service areas.

The last storm we worked was the may 3rd tornados in South Oklahoma City and More Oklahoma.Our boys in OKC really liked the pay checks that week

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com