AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mobile vs. In-shop or both

Why don't we all chime in and quickly state if we perform mobile service, in-shop only, or both? No bloviating good vs. evil, that thread already exists for commenting. Obviously our co. does both.

Re: Mobile vs. In-shop or both

In Shop & Mobile

Yes we do both but, auto about 90% in shop.

Its official. The word of the month for August is bloviating.

BOTH--Hw about "pithy" for next month?

Now let's use that in a few sentences. " I've been BLOVIATED", "Are you bloviating yet?" " Bloviate me down sport" "Have you bloviated today", "how's your bloviation going so far?" thanks for laughs "SGC and LYNX can just go bloviate themselves"! AHH BLOVIATE ME!" OK OK i'VE JUST BEEN BLOVIATED AWAY!!! I'm going home to bloviate right now,, or soon ,, is it bloviation thirty yet? whew

we do both

Mostly in other peoples shops.

I guess that gives me about 20 locations.

both

We do both, it would be nice to get all the insurance work in the shop though and just do accounts on the road. It is actually illegal to do mobile in most townships here but the law is never enforced.

Do mobile IF:
Customer won't drive to shop.
Customer won't allow us to pick up & deliver.
We tell them mobile will take a couple of days to schedule but in shop we can do today.
Weather conditions are favorable for w/s install
After a full explanation of the importance of a proper installation and its safety aspect and the Brick still insists on mobile we get er done.

We actually do the same as Sglass, and agree. Now it's fri, and I have to go MOBILE, to do a couple house windows,ig's, cause they can't bring the house, or windows, into the shop. . have a good fri all and a great weekend

Try our best to get them in-shop. Some just can't come in so it's mobile for them especially Honey Wagons and Catering Rigs.

If they live within 20-30 miles of the shop we try to get them in, often we pick up and redeliver as we prefer shop to mobile. We don't work on Saturday and 8-5 M-F, if that clashes with their schedule or if they are out of range for pickup & deliver, we go mobile with a smile, at least upon arrival. That's the case about 60% of the time due our coverage area 5 counties, sometimes as far as 60-75 miles one way.

Both, prefer shop and try to get as many as possible, but ultimately it's the customer's choice. So it's about 50-50. Hey I can't find that other post today the good vs evil one started by GlassRx, when I left yesterday there were about 50 replies and it had gotten ugly. He's started another one today, I think he's going to get it again. But not from me this time I said my piece in the "lost" thread. Good day everyone and don't forget we are representing the industry....so be good. That'll make sense if you check GlassRx's new post.

Mobile & In Shop

mobile only

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com