AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2001 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER

WINDSHIELD HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE SET SCREW FOR MIRROR IS STRIPPED ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO GET SCREW OUT ??? MIRROR IS HARD WIRED TO CAR CAN NOT UNPLUG???

Re: 2001 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER

Depending on the situation I'd tell the customer he needs a new RVM. I am pretty sure the screw is a separate part number too. We just did one last week and the screws are usually a problem if I remember correctly.

use a small tap to back the screw out...

The mirror can be removed easily there are two screws in the overhead interior light panel that when unscrewed will let you remove the light under that there is a connector for the wires that unplug and then the mirror can be taken out of the vehicle! I have drilled the screw out of a few of these a allen head bolt will work as a new screw but the threads on the upper part of the bolt need to be sanded this is because the bolt needs to tighten onto the clip that goes into the mirror button and not tighten into the mirror if you look at the old screw you will see the it is not threaded all the way to the top the original screw is soft and will drill out easily I drill the head off once the head of the screw is off it will come out of the mirror with the clip and can be removed and the clip can be reused. A new mirror is about $300. and when I got the price of a new one I said no way am I going to buy one the first one I did took about an hour to come up with how to save it but once you one it is about 10 to 15 min to do like I said before the key is to make sure the new screw does not tighten into the mirror but into the clip
good luck

THANK YOU RICK FOR THE INFO THIS IS THE WORSE SET UP EVER THANKS AGAIN

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com