AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lynx is not a help up, it's becoming a push down

I did a Fw2179 Sentra w/s. I called Lynx for authorization on the 3 piece molding kit. The part was listed as WSKF2179 Dlr on PPG website with the price. I gave Lynx CSR that #. CSR said not a valid part #. Can’t authorize part. Website authorization didn’t even list molding. I asked for supervisor. Same story so I got PPG on the line in a 3 way for Dealer part #. The PPG rep. has no idea of dealer part #. The Lynx CSR supervisor tells me she has the part # but needs me to tell her. She can’t tell me. After a discussion about why the part is not on Lynx website for authorization and how ridiculous it was that she has the # but won’t tell me she finally relented and authorized the part.
IT WAS WSKF2179 OEM. I wasted 30 mins.to iron this out.

Re: Lynx is not a help up, it's becoming a push down

Do you use electronic billing?

Should have used WKTF2179, would have solved your problem.

That's where I was headed with my comment. I do electronic billing and I usually overide the part. I use the explanation the the molding needs to be replaced when the installation is done in order to do the job correctly. Then I add, this is a Precision part. It's legit and I've never had them fight me on it. Sometimes your only option is OEM but there is usually something else to go with.

WKTF2179 is only the top part of molding. I needed the sides too. The WSKF is all 3 moldings.

Don't want to argue with you, but WKTF2179 is a three-sided kit.

Sglass...if you go on the webiste they should list the upper and sides as being able to be authorized, but I am not sure cause I don't have a dispatch number to check it with.

I don't want to argue either, but a WKTF IS A KIT, WFTF is a top molding.

I agree w/ you.

Lynx really stinks when it comes to authorization. tried 2 times the other day, sat oh hold for about 20 min both times,,, gave up,, that's the way they want it. so they can force shops to sign up and go on line,metrix, which I won't do. or just bill out for precisions parts only. that's what we do. oem only parts they want to make it as difficult as they can. what a bunch of idiots & jerks,,, oppps that's name calling,,, sorry webmaster, and all,, just a slip of the tongue. trying to laugh

Jocularity! Jocularity!

XXX...don't you use their website ever? You don't have to join them to use it, and you always get a quick response or immediate auth. for oe moldings.

I agree with glass god

I'll have to try harder I just get way frustrated at tier site or sight! ,,, and webmaster,, is losing his mind,,, maybe this site is getting to him

I may be getting mixed up with my WSKF or WKST or WKRP but the point is, The Lynx authorization online DID NOT offer any molding options. The LYNX CFSR KNEW what # I wanted But WOULDN'T TELL ME.

Ok glassgod I just went to www.lynxservices.com you have to login, now I know I've done this long time ago so I probly still have a login and password,, but I was pretty sure last time I tried to do that it took me to metrix, which I won't do hmmmm

go to online authorizations, plug in dispatch number....

LYNX SENT ME A FAX SAYING WE FORGOT THE MOULDIND # ON A INVOICE, SO I HAND WRITE IT IN RE-FAX AND THAN THE NEXT DAY I GET A FAX THAT SAYS INSTALLER NAME NOT VISABLE. SO I CALL LYNX AND I'M ON HOLD FOR 45 MINUTES. THE CSR COMES AND I EXPLAIN THE SITUATION AND THEN HE TELLS ME THAT HE CANT SEE MY COMPANIES NAME .
TO RE FAX AND THIS WILL FIX THE PROBLEM ,WELL THEN HE CHANGES HIS MIND AND SAID SINCE HE COULD SEE MY ADDRESS THAT HE WOULD PUSH IT THROUGH. MY PROBLEM WAS WAY DIDNT MY OTHER 4 INVOICE SENT THE SAME DAY GO THROUGH NO PROBLEMS AND IF THIS WAS SUCH A EASY FIX WHY WASTE MY TIME JUST FIX IT AND PASS IT ON .

If the moulding is not listed as a part # on the website, just select FORM. You can then select "OEM/ Dealer Moulding" and fill in the blanks. You will then have to tell them what glass part number you are using it on. You may also have to fax a POP.
Didn't know if you knew that already. Just trying to be helpfull!

Thank you for your sincere attemts to help glasswoman. Yes I am aware of pop to get authorization but was feeling awnery and didn't feel the need prove myself to someone who had no concept of what I was doing or the materials I needed to do it with. You are a nice person Thank you for your suggestions

That is what this forum is all about isn't it? Helping each other out. You are quite welcome. I had a question that I had posed myself before and got a lot of good feedback. I also hope that the question I posed might help someone else who run's across the same situation. Have a great day!!

Ooops! Sorry sglass. Just realized that the comment you just made was for glasswoman, not me. My comment still applies though. LOL!

Yes Glass Lady I was posting to you.

Oh, okay, you said glasswoman, maybe I should have been a little more original with my name. LOL!! At any rate, THANKS!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com