AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WHAT IF???????

Before I start, yea I know, we do not live in a perfect world, but just for a moment wonder,,,,,, If all shops and I mean all( and I know it won't happen), but just run this senario for the fun of it. If ALL shops and installers just for a few short months or even weeks, would STOP caring about market share, or getting every job possible because they need to keep thier guys busy or whatever. Just took a whole different attitude and everyone did only the best paying, most profitable, highest quality, jobs out there. Put ALL greed, or disire to do the MOST, BUT ONLY THE BEST. And I'm not suggesting anything other than to ponder,or think, what would it do to to the industry? And I kind of mean to not worry about the bottom line but only the customers, which includes cash and ins co's , and fleets whatever. Basically to put all focus on quality, customer service, and no lowball pricing, but to get paid what most of US feels to be fair. WHAT would it do to the industry???????Just looking for thoughts please,,, WHAT IF??????

Re: WHAT IF???????

The result would be what the AGR bussiness WAS 20 years ago.

funny thing happened yesterday, the wife was getting some estimates to fix a scratch in a car. she went into some fancy looking body shop and they told her they only do work for five insurance companies, they don't even do work for the walk in customer. i thought that was really wierd?

anyway, since nags cannot expect the one man installation companies and quality companies to be the same price, maybe it is time to stop doing insurance billing, and be like some doctors offices i have heard about. they get paid when the work is done if you want to go there?

Well 20 years ago was when some guys were charging insurance companies $600.00 to install 906's, which got the ball rolling in the wrong direction.

Remember I said to put all greed aside and focus totally on the customer, whether ins or cash, this includes no lowballing just to achieve huge market share or ripping ANYONE off.I know way too idealistic, in thinking,,, but just,,, what if?

That would be ideal! It would be nice to try to pick and choose but we care too much about simply helping our customer's in their time of dire need. The one minded people just can't grasp you concept xxx. If only it was that simple.
To me the insurance industry is as evil as money itself.

I hear ya glasswoman. Just think though, if you could add up all the ins any one of has paid over say 20-30 years or more then subtract the amount of claims that were made,,,,, hmmmm who's ripping off who????How many hundred or thousand fold do they recieve on OUR $$$$$$$$.If we could push the reset button on insurance like nags has done to us ,,, what if then???

WE DO FOCUS ON THE CUSTOMER, WHAT ELSE IS THERE? NO CUSTOMER NO PROFIT, NO BOTTOM LINES NO NOTHING. IF YOU AREN'T FOCUSED ON YOUR CUSTOMER, WHAT THE H__LL ARE YA FOCUSED ON. EVERYTHING COMES BACK TO THE CUSTOMER, QUALITY OF MATERIALS, TECH TRAINING EVEN HAVING A NICE CLEAN SHOP AND WAITING AREA, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CUSTOMER, EVEN IF THEY HAVE THE WORST INSURANCE AND THE PROFIT IS LOW ON THEIR JOB IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT, STILL TREAT EM' LIKE BILL GATES.

Exactly! But the point of this was, what if everyone focused on quality, not quantity, and turned down the low paying network jobs ,how would it impact the industry? just provoking thought.

I do turn them down. I refuse to do work for Progressive. Had a customer call me yesterday who wanted me to waive his $250. ded. I would have been paying Progressive to do the job. Don't think so.

Yeah I hear you but you know that if in any given area, say there are 12 glass shops, 11 would agree to what would be essentially a network strike so to speak. There would be shop no. 12 the scab, going oh boy I'm gonna rack up now. The problem is getting everyone on the same page.

I agree with you in theory and in a perfect world that would be great!! Unfortunatly, there will always be the D/T & SGS out there that will go ahead and grab it. It's a lovely thought though!!

I bet if everyone began turning down the network jobs DT & SGC would have to hold a job fair, if anyone thinks poorly of their work now imagine them hiring say 20 new techs per state they operate in, and throwing them out there with no training. Poor unsuspecting public

Scary thought isn't it!!! What you would like to accomplish would be wonderful for the industry as a whole. Unfortunatly, there are so many shops out there who are just grabbing what they can get to survive. When you have the nationals out there having their sales reps telling the insurance companies to have their insureds call them directly (and believe me, it happens all the time) the calls don't even go in to the Lynx rotation. Unless, as a small shop, you have the $$$ to get a sales rep out there, you just take what is left over, even from Lynx. Most small shops have cash and commercial as the bulk of their work so they feel that they have to keep trying to compete with the big boys and grab what they can. You have to have a point where you draw the line with even that though. I don't mean to sound so negative, but this happens to be true.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com