AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
daihatsu windshield

any body know where to get a windshield for a daihatsu hijet? it is a small 4x4 dump body right hand steering. the shield in there now is tempered.visilite is on the glass +nsgm557 = eg43r thank you mark k

Re: daihatsu windshield

Lebanon.

you have to notify the company in UK, but I don't believe you can get it into america because of the glass restrictions on tempered front windshields. If you do find one I would consult a lawyer about installing a windshield that is not made to U.S.A. specs to avoid any type of liability.

Who would want to drive anything with a tempered w/s???? You would need a helmet and face shield,, EEEEGGGGAAADD!

Mark,I found this page for you, http://www.daihatsu-help.com/id22.htm- , It list companies that supply parts for the hijet. I talked to the guys @ Jones Equipment in Fortworth,Tx and he said if his dist. has them in stock he can have to you in 4 -6 days, If he has to order it it will come from daihatsu and will be to you on the firt week of October. He said that they have two different w/s one for a 2cylinder and one for a 3cylinder motor they need yr and vin# and motor specs. For the 3cyl. tyoe theglass is $272.56 plus $65-85 for shipping they are to big for ups they com by truck. He also said this vehicles cant be sold,bought or shipped to the U.S. unless they meet all U.S. Safety standards (who knows).Good luck

thanks for your help. this vehicle is an off road ues truck .. good point on the liabilty though... maybe i can find a lami window.

Mark - you might ask Ira if he knows of any place that could get them faster

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com