AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HEY HAL .....YOUR OPINIONPLEASE

Hal,

I'm in NY, so we don't do any work for your company, but I would love to hear your opinion of "what's fair"

When we buy from a dealer, we usually get a 20% discount from list. The TPA's allow us to charge dealer list on dealer glasses.

Where do the TPA's get the impression that someone can run a business on a 20% profit on the product we sell? The labor they allow is not a lot ( sometimes it is less than actual cost) and that doesn't leave enough
for the glass shop to exist on.

No one ever said that life would be "fair" but how dop you justify asking your vendors to work for less than a proper profit?

Re: HEY HAL .....YOUR OPINIONPLEASE

Sorry Ira,

Hal has been in deep hiding for a couple of weeks now. He will only answer questions that make you look stupid, not the insurance company. But it’s nice to see that we are questioning the sins of these TPA's that have gone on for far long.

The more we question the more we are find out that NAGS, LYNX, SGC, Allstate, exc pricing structure is not based on calculations but on keeping us divided and intimidation! That is the reason I believe they won't share with us how they come up with "markets rates or list prices". Keep on asking questions people and keep on insisting on answers. Because the more we see they have no answers the more we realize that we deserve to find the real meaning of “fair and reasonable”!

And why haven't our industry associations and news people held there feet to the fire on these issues? Is it not as important as collecting due and subscriptions?

I THINK EVERYONE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THIS, NY TO AL, THE STORY REMAINS THE SAME. EVEN THE COMPANIES THAT DON'T REQUIRE DEEP DISCOUNTS (HERE SF IS +12%, $100.00 FLAT LABOR). YOU STILL AREN'T MAKING A DECENT PROFIT, AFTER OVERHEAD, FUEL AND LABOR. WE HAVE A MODEST SHOP, (2) 2004 FORDS, (1) 2000 CHEVY, (TRUCKS). EVERYONE MAKES A DECENT WAGE, NOT AS MUCH AS THEY ARE WORTH (ALTHOUGH I'D LOVE TO BE ABLE TO PAY WHAT THEY ARE WORTH) THROW IN MATCHING PAYROLL TAXES, CO. CONTRIBUTION TO HEALTH INS, WORK COMP, AND THE LABOR COST ARE CONSIDERABLE. LET'S NOT START WITH FUEL EXPENSE. MY POINT IS NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO HOLD DOWN OVERHEAD THERE ARE JUST TO MANY COMPONENTS GOING INTO THE EQUATION THAT WE CAN'T CONTROL. WE WATCH THESE THINGS GO UP, AS OUR AVERAGE INVOICE PRICE GOES DOWN, BY SOMEONE ELSE'S DETERMINATION OF "FAIR & REASONABLE"

I'VE WRITTEN LETTERS TO OUR STATES ATTORNEY GENERAL, MY CONGRESSMAN AND SENATOR REGARDING THE STEERING AND PRICE CONROL ISSUES. EVEN ENCLOSED SIGNED LETTERS FROM INSUREDS STATING EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE TOLD ABOUT "OUR" COMPANY BY SOME CSR READING OFF A COMPUTER SCREEN IN A STATE OR COUNTRY FAR, FAR AWAY. FLAT OUT FAT LIES REGARDING SCHEDULING, WARRANTIES, AND OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE, THINGS THEY HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING ABOUT US, AND HAD THE INSURED NOT STUCK TO THEIR GUNS AND INSISTED ON US, WE NEVER WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT WAS BEING SAID . I WOULD BE ASHAMED TO WORK IN THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY IN TODAY'S MARKET, GET THE CUSTOMER'S $$$$$, FIND WAYS TO DENY CLAIMS, LET THIRD PARTIES HANDLE CUSTOMER SERVICE ALL TO UNBELIEVABLE

I have been told by an insurance executive " as soon as you guys push back we still stop asking for deeper discounts".

I have been told by an insurance executive " as soon as you guys push back ( ie. say no to deeper discounts)we will stop asking for deeper discounts". Sorry for the type O

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com