AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
POWER INVERTERS

what kind of batteries do you use in your vans to run power inverters? i have carquest deep cycle gel cells, but they are a year old and are fried.

Re: POWER INVERTERS

I use the main battery its a 950 CCA and the inverter is an 1800 watt continuaous w 3k peak TRIPP-LITE unit , it has a low battery warning so if you get too low you can still start the van and recharge .

I replace the battery every 2 years , but beats the smell of gas from a noisy generator and allows charging of various tool batteries onthe run .

Connect the inverter directly to the vans alternator.
Works great, just keep the van running when using equipment with a heavy load such as a fine knife or vacume.

We use the AC delco or Vector 2500 watt and the guys would always run the batteries out. So we decided to to install the remote switch that comes in the box on the dashboards. The remote switch has a light that reminds you to turn it off. Haven't changed a battery since.

in every van i own we use a red or yellow cap optima batter with a 1800 watt XANTREX True Sine inverter no problems here!! batters still going after 3 years in all vans and we use our inverters all the :)

1 more trick that has worked really well for us is get the biggest power cap, like what is used for huge sound systems in cars and put that in line before your inverter. This way it isn't hitting your alternator so hard! works GREAT!Mine is a TSUNAMI, POWER PUMPER, I think it's rated for a 100-200 amps. Haven't had any battery or alternator issues since installation.

BACHMAN THAT IS AN AWSOME INVERTER WE HAVE THEM IN OUR VANS I JUST REPLACED THE ORIGINAL BATTERY AND MY VAN IS A 2001 NOT BAD 5 YEARS ON A BATTERY ONE THING WE DO IS LEAVE THE VANS RUNNING WHEN THE INVERTERS ARE IN USE

Yep rick i do not think anything compares to it, and there warranty department is awsome, i had one i think my guy got wet :) and they replaced it for free :)

Our first was bought thru our distributor but have found you can get them from marine suppliers! We have never had a problem with them we even had a stereo shop install one that shorted out as the wire fried on the converter and that one still works after that we decided to install them ourselves we use as thick a gauge wire we can get! Easy as installing a fw332! Rick

ebay! xantrex 1500/3000 2 years, same battery no issues. Heavy guage cables and 40 amp fuse- run the van for the big stuff.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com