AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2006 BMW 530 4door

Dealer tells me I need a Condensation sensor (rain?), I look at w/s and it has what looks like a bonded on sensor bracket I would guess you just hook the old one back on.??? Have not seen the car , just a w/s and it needs a top molding possiblly.???

Any info on these would be helpful, Thanks, Dave

Re: 2006 BMW 530 4door

http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/2036554146/show/557840

We always replace them. you may be able to get the old one to work, but I haven't tried.

If this is the one I'm thinking of good luck getting the cowl off. Side moldings are like the Volvo's with the metal clips...they pull off and press on easily, you just have to be careful because they are painted. The cowl is the real humdinger. Wish I could give you some kind of description, but its just one of those things you'll have to look at.

Oh...one more thing. T105 works great as a top strip for these.

I always replace the condensation sensor. It comes attached to a black plastic mounting holder, to insure you put it in the proper place. You will see when you get it. I would never myself use an after market molding on this type of replacement just in case the molding wouldn't stay in place. The glass is far too expensive to go cheep on the molding. Good luck !!

The original rain sensor can be placed back on the screen, just try to keep it free from dust and greasy finger prints. The top moulding will come away from the screen easily and can be re-used. The dealer only tells you to replace the sensor to make extra money, the only sensor I know that needs replacing is on the BMW 1-series. If you follow the guide-lines set out by BMW to replace windscreens they tell you to remove the bonnet(hood) when installing!!

Remove the Hood!!??? Wow. The Chevy RSS says to remove the interior. The one we did at a body shop was disassembled (WS out as well) and the interior was intact. No idea why some make those strange calls.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com