AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
There should be a law.

Just had a Progressive ins. Person with a broken door glass on his 06 Rendezvous. Driver side laminated. DD11084. Not available, dealer item only. No nags $$ or labor.
Progressive has dealer list of 261.05 and wants 46% off that price. Dealer wants $200.00 for glass. Do the math. Person doesn’t want to lay any money out. Had to send him down the road. Now don’t tell me SGC isn’t going to assign it to themselves and get paid Dealer list plus labor. Seems to me something is very WRONG here

Re: There should be a law.

You talked to someone that does not know what is going on they will pay dealer list which still means you make Sh** as far as labor check the times with the Buick dealer the service department should have the labor times for you.

I have had the same situation way too many times. I am so tired of calling trying to get glass and the 3 places in town dont have it. call the dealer they tell me it will take a week to 10 day to get part, call customer back to tell them we cant get it that day, call customer back next day, to find out that they went to the dealer ( that would be the one I called and was told a week to 10 days. - oh and they have their own glass company ) and the dealer just happen to have the glass in shop. this is not the first time its happened, starting to happen more and more. or when I call to get a part, the glass supplier tells me they dont have it, but they can order it from another state and yes, charge me shipping for the part. Any one else thinking that there is something going on.

Cut off the glass and install exactly $200 worth of it for the customer.

Seriously, this is a reason I always insist the customer be brought into the threeway. REmember, they would not be calling you unless the customer was steadfastly requesting you.

Consumers understand when you tell them that dealer list on the part is $261.05 and Progressive is wanting it for $140.97. And they understand the paltry labor fee.

Two customers last week, cancelled insurance with the carrier after such a discussion, and price-wise, it wasn't this outrageous.

Oh, and we did the work at our price, which was quite reasonable in the first place. The reason we fight is that I agree with you, 'someone else' will get dealer list, shipping, ect ect.

RETHINKING- IN YOUR CASE I WOULD TALK TO THE GM OF THE DEALER OR THE OWNER AND LET THEM KNOW WHATS GOING ON. WE HAD A SIMILAIR PROBLEM IN OKLAHOMA WITH A DEALER THAT RAN A GLASS COMPANY AND ONCE WE CONTACTED THE GM HE FIXED THE PROBLEM AND WE NEVER HAD IT HAPPEN AGAIN.AS FAR AS HAVING TO WAIT 10 DAYS FO GLASS MOST DEALERS CAN HAVE THE GLASS OVER NIGHT BUT IT WILL COST ABOUT $10-$25 MORE AND YES IF YOU TALK TO THE TPA SOMETIMES THEY WILL COVER SHIPPING IF IT MEANS THE JOB WILL BE DONE SOONER.( I LIKE TO GET THE CAR IN SHOP& TEAR IT DOWN THEN CALL THE TPA)
SEEMS TO WORK MOST OF THE TIME.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com