AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safelite Emails?

Anyone else here getting notifications of EFT from safelite via email? it rocks, no more sifting through the web site to check on payments!! Way to go safelite thanks for making my life easier!!!

Re: Safelite Emails?

You're giving them just what they want, electronic invoices and EFT. They love shops like you so they don't have added expenses of paper invoices. Secondly, in order to send in electronic invoices you must agree to their pricing. Nothing "rocks" about Safelite, why are you so excited about this. I for one will continue to bill the insurance company, NOT Safelite.

in our area safelite pays alright, and it is easier to bill them, we do the online invoicing for free, but i do get paper checks still, we are in the safelite network but won't do anything for progressive or hartford. you con modify your agreement and not be in it for certain companies if you want. we also a member of lynx, but the only claims we do is for state farm, probably 2-5 a week for them alone here lately.

SGC net loves to process ALL our invoices. This gives them an idea where the busy market areas are, then Safelite AGR shops can concentrate in that area to get a bigger market share.

HEY TM

Bachman isn't after SGC's love, I believe he's just trying to hold onto his $$$. We also DO EDI & EFT.
Effective soon they're are going to cut .5% of the face amount of that check. If you can't beat em' join em'. I understood that if you billed the insurance company they would just forward to SGC, is that not correct? If it is, and "it is" in our part of the country, that's $15.00 per paper invoice + the .5% of your check, adds up quick!

You only get the fees if you are members of their network. That is my point, in order to bill electronically you must agree to their pricing. If you are getting a $15 paper invoice fee then you are on their network. Billing electronically means that all of you are agreeing to low pricing and contributing to the problem. Bill direct and demand payment within 30 days, it works for us.

WELL, WE DO A FEW JOBS FOR SGC AND WE BILL THROUGH THE SGC WEB SITE. I AM NOT A MEMBER OF SGC NET AND HAVE NEVER SIGHNED ANY TYPE OF PAPER WITH THEM. THEY ALSO PAY US FASTER THAN LYNX WITH NO ADDITIONAL FEES SUBTRACTED. I JUST WISH LYNX WOULD SET UP SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

The further I read the dumber I feel, but I thought you had to be in the insurance companies network to work for them at all. Explain to me how you do it, you send bills to the local agent, whose TPA program you do not participate in, and they pay you. What pricing standard are you using. *I have had a hard time marrying the idea of "the right to chose your own provider" as long as "they are a member of the network" that really isn't choice is it.* So I'd love to learn to circumvent the system, though I don't believe in our small market we'd get as much AG work. And by the way NO we are not receiving emails regarding EFT payments, would love to though, website has a few quirks.

Customers choose us and even have to demand for us to replace the glass. The TPA HAS TO ALLOW us to do the job by law. We bill at THE TPA's rates on a few and on most we charge our cash price plus a little more to cover the extra paper work (depends on which way makes us the most money). We never realy had any trouble, just remind the TPA about the Right to choose law and the customer rights and make shure you explain your warranty while the TPA and the customer are both on the line so when they say "we cant honor this company's warranty " the customer knows up front that you do have a warranty program. Also record the call and just drop little hints about your safety procedures and inform the customer that you have never been featured on 20/20 and the TPA will shut up.Works for us.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com