AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
64 Corvette Windshield

Hi, We are about to replace the windshield on a 64 Corvette coupe. Just looking for someone who has done one before and see if they have any tips. It has both chrome and gasket. And also, this will be through Lynx for State Farm. We are wanting to request extra labor if we find that it is going to be time intensive. Have any of you had much luck with requesting extra labor on older cars through Lynx? Any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!

Re: 64 Corvette Windshield

IF YOU DO IT IN LESS THAN 5 HR YOU ARE LUCKY, DONE SEVERAL

Mouldings held on with clips similar to 65 Mustang. Upper corner mld has special u shaped clips, take it easy on these. You may need a new w/strip for this but sometimes the old ones are in great shape. If you put in a new w/strip use a soft seal between w/strip and body and between glass and w/strip you can use silicone or thane. Don't use thane between w/strip and body If you do the mouldings will be almost impossible to remove again without damage. HTH

Make sure you request additional labor from Lynx BEFORE starting. They will most likely deny it. E-mailing is the best way to try to get it approved (on their website), when I try using a phone, noone ever answers, or usually the call gets disconnected.

I would not touch this car for less then 300 labor

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com