AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safeway Insuarance Arizona

Does anyone have any experience with this company? They are paying a large discount off of NAGS and $0 for labor. They have been doing this for years. Who else has this problem?

Re: Safeway Insuarance Arizona

I believe if I got a job referral from them @ those rats, oops suddenly I would not be able to get the part for 2 weeks, so sorry.

All I can say is anyone who gives a large discount off list and charges no labor in the current market, deserves what they get.

IRA, I am not billing those rates, I am billing a significant percentage above NAGS, and a fair hourly rate. Safeway is taking the bill and shortpaying and reimbursing $0 for labor. Who in AZ has experience with them?

deliver the part to policy holder and tell 'em their insurance doesn't pay labor to install it.

Then there is always guys like AG (see slow times post) that will install it, because that is what he does during slow times. People like AG are a joke and gives every reason for a company like Safeway to pay what they do.

that be a FACT

Here is what I don't understand about all of this. How come you can't do like a doctors office does and say "here is what your insurance covered so you are responsible for X amount." Is there some law that stipulates that you can only charge what the insurance companies are willing to cover?

TM I know everyone thinks i am a know it all *******. However i have dealt with that company for many years on and off, they have a nationwide deal with diamond, that is why they demand that price..

Generally there policy holders speak spanish and are usually high risk in the situations i have seen. they pay fairly quick, what part of az you in?

Re to webmaster my invoces do say that at the bottom

Bachman, all over AZ.

Webmaster, if you did that, do you think you would have any repeat business from that customer and how many people do you think they would refer? The bottom line is that the insurer is supposed to pay a fair and reasonable rate, billing the insured is exactly what they want. Then they can tell the insured to use Safelite, Diamond or AG because they will do the work for their price. No win situation.

TM i am sure we cross paths then I am in phoenix been there for about 5 years now. Hard to find good employee's. So i feel your pain. Yeah back billing a customer or suing is never a way to settle... Hell i remember when safeway did not pay for moldings!! TM you should PM me or Email me if your all over sometimes i get stuff WAYY out of phx i would pass it to you for nothing if interested.

As long as I felt like I was treated fairly and received quality products and service and a magnet to stick on my fridge I would return. If you did a crapy job and I thought I was being over charged then I more than likely would not use you again and definately not recommend you to anyone else. The issue of the coverage would then be with my insurance company. It sounds more like you guys have become the insurance companies customers instead of the policy holders. I understand all to well from working in the food and beverage industry for many many years that there are people out there who will nickel and dime you to death and quibble over everything just to save a buck or two but do you really want these people as repeat customers any way?

I only know what I read in you guys' posts but this whole insurance thing and the issue with NAGS and not even being able to charge for a windshield what it cost you - makes no sense to me at all.

Just a magnet Webmaster? You are to easy.
I want a magnet,a pen & a Key chain for my loyalty

Webmaster...If your shop signs on with a TPA, you have agreed not to charge the policy holder anything additional. I assume Safeway is on SGC network so you can request to be removed from Safeway's list of preferred providers, and stay on the balance. Thank God Safeway's not in Wisconsin, but noone here would install for no labor charge, (except Diamond and Safelite).

CHALLENGE THE SHORT PAYS! Those of us who are fighting short pays are winning, and getting paid in full. It's sad but you have to be prepared to fight for "FAIR AND REASONABLE".

HUH safeway is not on safelite... Nice try glass god.. Get your facts together befor you point fingers at my friends at safelite. If you read above they have a private contract with diamond / triumph

TM
We charge the customer a min. of $100 for labor and $20.00 for kit. Needless to say we dont do much work or any at all for them but it is kind of funny to get the insured on line with Safeway as I tell them that Safeway wont pay me for labor or kit. Diamond is the bottom feeder who cut that deal with them. Diamond is talking about quality and turning the company around but come on no charge for labor wow that says alot about what you think of your installers and the glass business.

WHATEVER BATMAN

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com