AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
slow times

We have terribly slow season starting in the fall until spring as i'm sure many do. What's a good addition to glass thats will boost sales in the winter months?

Re: slow times

a good additon to glass for increase sales in winter would be to hand out BB Guns to kids aged 13 to 17

i am slow right now. the only thing to do is drop my prices or no customer at all..

You deserve to go out of business if that is your answer to slow times. Get off of your lazy butt and market yourself. Dropping prices is for losers.

everyone have different ways to get customer on slow days. guess what i have one comeing in right now.

Do storm windows peak in the winter? tinting i assume peaks in the summer. I kno wflat peaks in the summer.

CHARGE MORE SPEND LESS MONEY ON BEER AND WISKY AND GOING OUT TO EAT EVERY NIGHT.

IT WORKED FOR ME!

AG people like you don't belong in this business!!

whatever guys. i will be in this business for a very long time. you guys overcharge for everything. its about
6:30pm i am still working. at lease i'm makeing money.
too many hater.. i charge whatever is fair for me and my
customer for life.

Can somone google slow and give me a definition? cause i do not know what slow is. i challange ANYONE here let me run your company for 2 months andrfor under $2000 in marketing I will run a circle around what your doing now! :)

you mean for 2,000 bucks you can double my business. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and you don't you give me 10,000. I'll email you!!!!

I did not say double, i said run a circle around you. I have no idea what your current volume is but i know that in 1 week you would be able to see changes..

everytime when i drop my prices to get customer i should
be out of business, i don't think so guys. the one that overcharge customer should be out of business.
shop A charge $200. shop B charge $150. same glass,same lifetime warranty on work. which shop do u think get the
job guys. my work is good as you guys. i don't shortcut on install just to let you no that. my new customer always tell there frend and family about my shop.

Bachman please try to get your weak self-esteem under control and stop pumping yourself of to bigger then life proportions. You are a legend in your own mind, please stop boring me with your illusions of how great you are.

Sglass I never claimed to be magic I am smart though ask anyone who competes against me in a cash market. I know what it takes

on any kind of business who ever is the lowerst get the job guys. its all about MONEY.

Speaking strictly from a consumer point of view - price is indeed a factor but I definately believe in the old adage that you get what you pay for.

EXACTLY,,,,,,, And it takes no effort at all to be the LOWERST! OR is that the WORST,,hmmm

Err…Bachman I didn’t say you were MAGICAL. My opinion is you are Over Inflated. Try googleing those two words to find the definitions.

I googled it an oddly enuff it was a picture of some fat chick in a swimming suit! Now thats over inflated!

Hey thats no fat chick in a bathing suit...Thats my wife in her ballet outfit.

ouch!! That's a whole lot of Rosey...

if u have to give a windshield away for 150.00 then u should kick ur self in the butt, because that's what ur doing. i don't have a windshield in stock i will do for less than 225.00 and i have installed quite a few today. just went out last week and picked-up a new account and have replace 6 of those. that's in between my regular customers. it's people like u that's makes the ins. co's. day.

mrs rich what is your average buy on a windshield?

like $$

cause if you buy on average for 40 $150 is fair i think

stock oem/plk. glass buy by pallet.. $225 what car are
chargeing for that price.

Are you guys running business', or non-profit charities. It sounds like some of you guys need to get some goals and a put budget together that allows you to price your services for a reasonable profit. The United Way is doing just fine without your help. I dont understand the negative view of companies that operate at a healthy profit margin, thats what we are here for. Does your family deserve less just because you are willing to settle for it?

If you can install a w/s for $150.00 you 1. Must not have insurance. 2. Must not be using urethane.3.must be working out of your station wagon. 4. must be buying your glass from FYG for $30 a pop. 5. you dont have any employees.

you don't even no me sir. i am one man shop,yes i'm bonded 2million insurance. i have '03tacoma ext/cab brand new paid cash $17000 out the door,also have insurance for my truck. my glass is pilkington glass that's oem if you don't no that.

lmfao ag i got 15+ 04 & up express vans on the road and 5 office people, and more insurance than you can shake a stick at, and fyi ah/g dood FYG makes a **** load of ppg product. fyg is oem in honda,vw, etc.. and if you know where we can get for $30 a pop brother point me there! I will commit to 20 pallets of fyg 2064's that have a honda logo on them for $30 a pop all day long!!!

FYG is a **** fine company. and i will put there 2064 up against a ppg any day! we do not make it a practice to use fyg but its not the **** you make it out to be!

there nothing wrong with fyg, i myself do use it. i'm not big shot like you guys. i wish someday.

Come on now ,I never said FYG was bad , I install FW2259gbn from FYG they cost me $45 . I was just trying to figure out how ag could stay in biz with doing $150 install (unless he does 40 installs a day ). I just cant imagine working that hard anymore .

By the way I started out as a repair only biz than after about a yr or 2 I bought my dad out( due to cancer he cant work any more) at one point in time my wife and i had 5 locations 3 in Oklahoma , 1 in Beloit, wisconsin (born and Raised )and 1in texas even bought out one of my ex employers . I too used to do installs for $100- $150 but learned real fast that I had to work my self and my crew 2 to three times harder than other companies to make the same amount. I ended up having to close the store in beloit and 2 in oklahoma. I have a family member ( uncle ) that runs the oklahoma store and I run the texas store. We dont do any installs for under $210.00.

Now if you can make money doing mobile only $150 installs with the gas prices as they are and COGS as they are and you dont have any come backs than good for you but I my self just dont see it.

Even this compay called Bachman charges $195 for a 04 dodge p/u w/s i can under stand that a litle better than $150 (not much better but)
I didnt mean to hurt anybodys feelings and i will only say nice things about a/g from now own.

By the by Bachman I like the snagled tooth A/G tech on you web site thats funny

Flat glass on heavy equipment. Most glass Co's suck at it.

don't get mad guys,i charge same price on '04 dodge crew-cab lof or ppg.inshop only. big w/s. one man install. i don't do any mobile anymore just inshop. i no in my area i **** off lots of people,this is a free country. good old USA I LOVE America.also i am an american citizen too

The 1512 is a big ole SOB.. but atleast not as iggnorant as a 1529! what a dumb design great work on a buncha crap ford! :) We use the lil buddy, and i got some people here that are just nuts I got a guy who puts the glue on a 1454 windshield and 1 man sets it how the hell he does it no clue!

w/s 1529 did one two wks ago. setting w/s is easy,just that****moulding,have hard time takeing it off. finally made a my own tool that will take off the moulding.i don't like doing big w/s either takes too much of my time.

ag i agree there is for sure a trick to them!

MR BACHMANNGLASS, how long have you been in the industry because you sound very familiar? Have you ever worked in the northeast/new england area? just curious.

HEY JOHN L,google bachman glass,It will show locals.

Thanks rat but that question was aimed at the person not the company he/she works for.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com