AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HOT AND COOL PPG

HAS ANYBODY SEEN THIS WINDSHIELD FROM PPG THAT CHANGES COLOR ???? SAYS ITS BEEN ON DUBS CAR SHOW ON TV ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANK YOU

Re: HOT AND COOL PPG

I contacted them months ago for info, I got one call back that said they aren't really released yet and I have not been able to get in touch with them since. Its called the chromax windshield.

THANKS RICH I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM I HAVE A CHANCE TO SELL A FEW BUT CANT EVEN GIVE A QUOTE.

Me too we do a highend customizing company that is on tv and they never got back to me, their loss not mine.

The probably over charge for it like they do everything else just like the 1293 ...

Whatever came about getting your favorite NFL/sports team/Nascar logos embedded in the PVB. I thought that would have been a awesome marketing tool. I know people who would then be changing their windshields just because they want the aftermarket customized ones.

heres some info from their website.

http://www.ppgautoglass.com/chromax/chromax.pdf

GlassRX-One of the late, great marketing fiascos from D/T was their attempt to sell NASCAR windshields thru Visteon-I heard it cost over a million to roll the program out, but crashed and burned in some unknown wasteland ending in a complte bust-shortly after that event, heads rolled at the top of that crumbling empire-

It takes awhile for the boat from China to get here be patient PPG will adorn us with they're sweat shop glass soon enough .

Being a windscreen fitter from England, I was interested to read about the Chromax screen. After visiting the PPG website, it seems the screens are like the `solar coated' screens available in Europe and fitted to many cars as standard: Peugeot, Citroen and topline Mercedes. I may be wrong about this, feel free to set me straight!

The deal with the nascar w/s was it was only sold to DT or companies with 10 or more shops.

Some of us tried to jump on that here in N. Texas (since we have a nascar track here) but it never happened . We had alot of requests from fans but we had to refer them to DT to buy the glass and then we would install it. We tried to buy the w/s from DT but they always wanted an extra $75-100 more for the part than what the customer could go and buy glass only from them for.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com