AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
'03 Lexus LS430 w/rain sensor fw2222ggy

any tips on this. appt.for monday. already order top/mld. thank's.

Re: '03 Lexus LS430 w/rain sensor fw2222ggy

You also need to order the rain sensor pad from Lexus. It runs about $1.60. It is dirt cheap but is needed. The old one seems reusable, but if you try to re-apply it, the rain sensor won't work. Just get the new one, its cheep. Other than that, the job is straight up easy. I always just get the glass, mldg and rainsor pad from Lexus.

thank's

we have resued the gel pack in about ten of these so far, no problems.

Glassgod, when you, not you specifically but your installers, reuse the sensor pads and say there are no problems, does that mean you are testing the rain sensor (with rain or water spray)to test the system to see if it works. Just curious.

BTW does any one actually test the sensor to see if they work?

I haven't done one of these yet, I do test all the rain sensors before i replace it and after. Once i pull the car in the shop i spray the sensor to make sure it works and then after. Only takes a sec to test, much rather know if the rain sensor works, so i know if it dosen't after i'm done its nothing from me.

that's a go idea i will test it first. is this automatic
or there is a switch to turn on. did few benz w/sensor but never test it. to late to get part from dealer have to do this early monday. thank's

car dealer tests 'em, after portering.....

did lexus w/s today. before is start on the car,i spray some water by the sensor outside w/s. doesn't work. how do i test this. thanks

On Benz you must make sure that the hood is closed as the wipers will no work,I always make sure everything is shut before I even test it before the customer leaves so that he knows before hand if there is a problem!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com