AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2004 navigator

Any insight on how to remove the cowel from a 2004 navigator or expedition without breaking the clips? I've done a few and always seem to break the clips, is there something I'm missing in the removal process.

Re: 2004 navigator

These are a real pain. We have taken every precaution in taking these off and always manage to break a few. Precision did not carry them so we had to get them from the dealer. However, the idiots at the dealership said they didn't have the clips and told us we had to buy the entire cowl. So we called Precision and they gave us the part number. Don't have the part number on me. If run into trouble with the dealer call Precision first to get the part number.

Bryan

They come in bags of 4 pt# W708771-S300

If you can find a Aveco dealer near you you can buy them by the box. If you can't let me know and I can get them for you.

thinking about stocking few myself. how much?

For what it may be worth. We carry an extra package of the clips in our vans. I've had a lot less breakage by first flexing the cowl slightly to locate the clip. Then placeing the free hand over that spot and pressing down slightly while prying up slowly. The free hand pressing keeps it from suddenly breaking loose. Another guy I know sprays WD40 to hopefully decrease the resistance. Never tried it myself.

AG

Email me and I will get you the info that you need.

tdruge@yahoo.com

TDR, do you have the Auveco part #? I have a rep and he supplies most of my clips. Having their part # would make my life so much easier.

Thanks!!

The auveco part # is 20530

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com