AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CAN ANY BUSINESS BE ON LYNX METRYX?????

TODAY AN ALLSTATE INSURED SCHEDULED A W/S REPLACEMENT WITH OUR COMPANY. WHEN WE DID THE LYNX THING WE WERE TOLD BY THE TPA THAT THE INSURED WAS SET UP WITH JIFFY LUBE FOR A W/S REPAIR. WE HAD TO GET THE INSURED BACK ON LINE TO GET AUTHORIZATION FOR THE REPLACEMENT WITH US. GEE, I WONDER WHO WILL BE NEXT ON THE METRYX DAIRY QUEEN OR MAYBE BURGER KING WE CAN FIX A WHOPPER OF A BREAK!!!!!!! IF YOU ASK ME THE METRYX IS AN EMBARRASSMENT NOT A TOOL. I WONDER WHAT REPAIR KIT JIFFY LUBE USES A RING OF PUDDY AROUND THE BREAK FILLED WITH 30 WEIGHT

Re: CAN ANY BUSINESS BE ON LYNX METRYX?????

no, they use a company like safelite or harmon or someother glass co. that has a program with them, for evrey job they refer they get something back. I did hear at one time safelite had some deal with them, not sure if they still do.

Re: Re: CAN ANY BUSINESS BE ON LYNX METRYX?????

JEFF, IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN WHO'S PERSONAL INFORMATION DID JIFFY LUBE USE TO GET ON THE METRYX? JUST SHOWS THAT METRYX IS NOT BEING POLICED. METRYX IS JUST A DOG AND PONY SHOW. IT IS A SHAME THAT LYNX WILL HARASS AN INDEPENDENT GLASS CO. THAT MAY OR MAY NOT MAY BE ON THE METRYX, BUT WELCOMES A OIL CHANGE
COMPANY THAT HAS NO RELATION TO AUTO GLASS.

LMFAO !

Yeah dominoes pizza w/s replacement w free pizza next .

I am fairly certain this job was dispatched by LYNX to a participating shop and the installer comments say work to be performed at Jiffy Lube. Probably a glass company or repair dude has his buddies at Jiffy Lube look for WR's and most likely they tell 'em they can it repaired for free.

Most Jiffy Lubes are set up with Liquid Resins /ACT
They use a Liquid Resin kit and then bill through the ACT ( AutoGlass Claims Team) program . A few are set up as a francise and offer oil ,tune, lube and Auto Glass Repair and Replacement.
D.T. had the account for Jiffy Lube for a while , and Safelite had it for a little while longer until this A.C.T. came along and offered the program as an add on for Jiffy Lube.

We had six Jiffy Lubes that we serviced until A.C.T. now we have none.

I know at one point in time Safelite and D.T. used the Jiffy Lube shops as satelite shops ,We had done the same thing in the Oklahoma market for a while.
It worked out real well because they did state inspects (until Oklahoma done away W/ it) so if the w/s was broke or chipped we got the job.

Note*** A.C.T. is a billing network for repair techs. they set every thing up w/ lynx for the techs.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com