AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2007 Chevy Tahoe With Rain Sensor.

FYI there is a service bulletin out on these vehicles when changing over the moisture sensor you have to use a new sensor every time.. Just a heads up... Why do they not just make these things to the darn windshield??

Re: 2007 Chevy Tahoe With Rain Sensor.

I assume it is the pad you are talking about. Is it dealer only or is there one out there already that can be used?
Thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately its dealer only.. "A new rain sensor assembly will need to be installed until the kit becomes avalible"

this is gm service bulletin #1822995

It really stinks.. we did 5 last week... $195 a pop :( fun fun fun ... if anyone wants this service bulletin.. (which i generally have to fax every time to the network so they know its not a scam) contact me at larryjr@bachmanautoglass.com i can fax it to you, or perhaps you can look it up online.. not sure.. Just thought i would inform everyone..

the rain sensor is $195.00????

yep on national back order!!!! Is that not insaine! Why did GM not figure this out b4 they made this.. like the windshield was never gonna be changed.. idiots

booked another 2 today, they must have made these new tahoe's rock magnets!

Here is the answer to your question IB

Thank You Sir.

Hello,
Hey ran into the same problems ya all are having on the 07 gm rain sensor. The new mercedes rain sensor is identical only it sells for $42.33, basically you have to swith the top internal parts & it will work & mercedes has them in stock!!!!!!!
This will at least give an alternative source the part # in 171-820-44-26. Hope this helps out!!!!!

Is that the same rain sensor used on the BMWs? If so Precision has a kit that works as well. Part number 80003.

not the same as the 800 003, it is different.
Agc> auto glass components is working on one should be out in 3 weeks.

thanks for the heads up on the alternative part :)

Hey bach thanks for the service bulletin, just received a gm part number for the lens only
#15829099 sells for $53.38 & yes there are on backorder. Imagine that. Have a good day!!!!!!

Re: Re: 2007 Chevy Tahoe With Rain Sensor.

We habe a 2007 avalance to replace any one know what nags # to use or is it dealer only?

Get the oem part# from dealer see if it matches nags software part for Tahoe

Re: Re: 2007 Chevy Tahoe With Rain Sensor.

THANK I WILL LET YOU KNOW

Re: Re: Re: 2007 Chevy Tahoe With Rain Sensor.

sAME AS TAHOE

I had my windshield replaced and the glass company didn't know that they had install the sensor separately. I go it done the end of May and the part will not be in until the first part of October. Very frustrating as my wipers won't work on delay without it!!!!!

No disrespect to anyone but - isn't interesting, the things we never had at one time, we now can't live without.

RAINSENSELESS: BLAME GM, NOT GLASS CO'S FAULT

GLASSSGOD, quit shouting, you woke me up!!!!

Well you think rainsensorless would beable to read all the above posts and figure out that its not the a/g shops fault but then again I guess everyone has to have some one to blame.

Lol you rich people kill me :)

Hrmm if they could only invent a sensor that wipes ...... mabey that will be on next american inventor :)

try jag rain sensor gel pad #ljd3850aa it might not work have not had come back yet.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com