AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SGC ASKING CUSTOMER EMAIL ADDY

Just a heads up...

Had a Farmers insured called in to get a chip repair claim filed. She thought of course she was talking to her ins. co but it was SGC, and they are now asking for the insureds personal email addy.

She asked the CSR if she would be solicited of if this was mandatory. The SGC csr informed her that she did not know what was on the email being sent out and that she could not promise if it was a solicitation or not. She told the csr she wanted her name removed from any type of database that was not required by the insurance company.

So it seems that SGC has just added yet another trick to its bag. Use its network to once again know your price(or set it), know your customer, and get your customers phone number, email, and date of birth (yes they are asking for that on occasion) to further its huge database for the grand takeover.

To bad it will never work.

Re: SGC ASKING CUSTOMER EMAIL ADDY

IF this is true.

ccc: thanks for the heads up......this was mentioned by a previous poster a short while back and responded to in kind by a few more, if I remember correctly. I would guess it's true since my latest 3-way call to SGC resulted in the same request for e-mail address.

http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/2036554146/show/572957

http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/2036554146/show/567178

Just tell your customer to say they dont have an email address hell, half of you do not even have computers.. your on a computer at your sisters house which happens to be your cousin & your ex wife.....

I have been so busy of late that I failed to check the threads for any that related to this topic. Thank you all for the references to these discussions.

Secondly, how many ins. co. know that SGC is now asking information such as email address, date of birth, etc?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com