AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2007 FORD TAURUS

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF A DW1460 WILL FIT IN THE NEW TAURUS ??????

Re: 2007 FORD TAURUS

Yes according to our Glass Dist. The Dw1460 will fit.

THANK YOU DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE DIFF. IS???

1528 HAS 3RD VISOR, W1460 DOESN'T. I thought the Fusion replaced the Taurus and Taurus no longer produced?

I THOUGHT IT WAS THE FORD 500 BUT OR CITY GOT SOME 07s AND FORD SHOWS THE MAKE THEM I GUESS THE ARE NOT SOLD TO GENERAL PUBLIC YET JUST GOVERMENT ????

We dont show any interchanges or part # for the 07 model and our distributor laughed at us when I asked about an 07 taurus . 2006 was the last year for taurus ,and the Fusion did take its place . if you have a new nags book or got your new updates it would show the same results.

AH-A/G I KNOW YOU THINK I AM SMOKING CRACK CHANGE DIST. GO TO EDMUNDS.COM IT LIST IT NOT SOLD TO GENERAL PUBLIC JUST GOV. VEHICLES

We are installing the DW1528's in the 07 Taurus'

GSB I'm on Edmunds.com and clicked on new cars then Ford ,then on Taurus and it only list a 2006 Ford Taurus .I also looked up the spy video for all future fords and still nothing.
Not that I'm out to cause problems but if they make a 2007 model and it's only available to the government why can i not get the part from the dealer when I ask for a w/s for a 2007 Ford not only that but we purchase directly from carlite and wholesale to the Ford dealers in this area (if you guys don't do this you need to start $$$$) and we cant order a part # for 2007 I can get 2006 parts all day.

GSB send me a direct link to the page if you can. I got a tech telling me he has worked on one just last week but I can only find a ticket for a 06 model .

KO HERES WHAT YOU DO GO TO YAHOO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR 2007 FORD TAURUS IT WILL PULL UP SEARCH GO TO NUMBER 3 AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT ?????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Taurus

ok so in a way i was kind of wrong. But In 2005, Ford stopped selling the Taurus to the public in the United States and Mexico. The model year 2006 & 2007 Taurus is sold exclusively to fleets, such as The Hertz Corporation, but is still sold to the Canadian market. The vehicle is slated to cease production in August 2006, after a short run of 2007 models, because Ford is closing the Atlanta plant, as part of The Way Forward.

I was just messing around I know you guys already pointed out the car was only available to fleets but my point was that we could not find 07 Taurus in our database and our distributors dont carry a part for 07 but yes everyone is correct a 1460 will fit. and thnks for the helpful info I had fun with this.

COME ON REAL TRUTH YOU NEVER INSTALLED A DW1341GBY IN PLACE OF A DW1549GTY ( WE DO IT FOR THE DEALERS ALL THE TIME)

AH: why would you replace a third visor tint(no shade) with a straight shaded w/s? I'd be ****** if it was my truck!

We do what the customer asks of us they want a shade band then thats what i give them and it fits and it also helps knock down the sun glare better. You can get p***** all you want but we give cash customers the option and 9 out of 10 times they will choose a shaded over a tinted of course we are in TX and we get a lot of sun shine here

chill AH. I said I WOULD be ****** if my GTY was changed to GBY at a dealer, you said nothing about offering cash cust's the option...that's up to you and them.

Here is a good question. Is the 1549 3rd frit visor mandated by the goverment, or is this just something that the manufacture did on there own? If it was mandated, and you use something other than what is required I would think that is not very good.

GLASS GOD I WASNT TRYING TO BE RUDE ABOUT IT SORRY AND WE DO CHANGE THEM FOR THE DEALERS ALSO .

NOW AS FAR AS YOU GO BACHMAN I WOULD THINK THAT IF THE GOVERNMENT HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH A THIRD VISOR FRIT BEING ADDED TO A WINDSHIELD THAN THE DEALERS AND THE MANUFACTURES WOULD HAVE RELEASED SOME TYPE OF SERVICE NOTICE AND UNTIL I HAVE A JUDGE TELL ME OTHER WISE AND MAKE ME DISPLAY A DISCLAIMER SAYING IM SORRY FOR SWITCHING A GTY TO GBY

Just wondering.. if anyone knew..

I don't think the govt has much to do with it. It basically comes down to putting back in the car what was there to begin with. If the non third visor one is acceptable to the customer and is billed as such, no problem. If the thing was done under the table, and billed as something else... well, then you are DT. (J/K.....really)

I would rather be a DL than an DT any day...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com