AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
'05 nissan 350z 2d/cp.

never did one of these yet. any tips?
moulding,setting blk. ect. thanks.

Re: '05 nissan 350z 2d/cp.

This one is involved. Usual Nissan 2 piece upper mld. If you can't save the outer one removing the inner's 2 face tape is time consuming. Get a new one just in case. You have to pull door seals and retainers to remove side pieces. The retainers that hold the sides on are weak you will break a few. You know what they say about the memory it's the 15 or 17 thing to go I can't remember which. HTH

pull door seals off they use dble sided tape and a weird white clip at bottom of mldg. remove screws, remove panel at rear of upper door and remove screw located there, leave metal strip on moulding, moulding also has push in clips use dr panel tool, or just grab an edge and carefully pull up. cowl has 3 or 4 10mm bolts, 2 under removeable covers,other 2 toward middle of lower lip, remove retaining clips and remove cowl, washer hose is connected on pass side. really not to bad to do but lots of plastic take your time first time after that it's easy.

we usually order new dealer moldings... we went to do one the other day, had the craziest doors on it you have ever see looked like they were switchblades... the things people do to there cars... we all need to be in the aftermarket accessories business.

I hate cars without framed windows.. my wife has one what a pos!

So how did it turn out? And I wish this board allowed you to post pictures...

That would be cool if we could I have a 57 Chevy truck with Lambo doors i re-did would like to post a picture of it here...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com