AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DW1610

Buying the DW1610 as GTY- but then receive w/s with no molding or assy to make it a Y, only a line of foam along the bottom. I'm throwing away the foam- should I be keeping it?

Re: DW1610

DOES IT HAVE RAIN SENSOR??????

No- that's the 1611/1585/1448

SORRY THATS 1611 TOP MOLDING SHOULD HAVE CAME WITH IT NEVER ON THE GLASS THOUGH

Foam counts as GTY. GTY is $301.00, GTN 175.00 at PPG. Moldings are reusable 90% of the time.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, maybe I need to call Guardian- this isn't a molding, doesn't even run the full length of the glass, mounted about 1.25" up from the bottom- what is it? Do I save it?

it is used to reduce engine and road noise from coming up below the dash, i saw a service bulletin on these, that they should have that to fix the problem.

Yikes- guess I need to leave this on from now on! I thought this was acoustic glass.. oh well thanks

it is acoustic, but this is to reduce noise that comes through the firewall and follows the glass up, that is what the foam helps.

We ordered a FW2115gyyppg it had no mouldings or encapsulation anywhere on the glass we ordered another one and it came the same way finaly the third one we got was correct. by the way for all of you die hard ppg only use american made oem glass installers this part is made in china and has a ppg logo on the glass. So much for good ol' quality American made oem glass.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com