AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mitchell’s invitation to SCRS is an insult to the glass industry?

We have been asking NAGS/ Mitchell’s to open up and show the world how they develop our list prices and labor rates since the revaluation? I have attended a number of glass conferences that have asked both Jessie and Catherine Howard those same questions and they have never “heard us.”

It’s very upsetting to find that after one SCRS forum they (Mitchell’s /NAGS) is willing to open up. Why aren’t they “fully committed to communicating” with the glass industry? I would like to think that that Mitchell’s/NAGS “hears our concerns and is willing to address them.” But after reading there press release I can only think collusion is the reason for there secrecy.

In my opinion, the AGRR, IGA, NGA or anyone else that this affects, should be investigating there silence. We are entitled to get these answers and our associations and trade news organizations should be forcing them to open up!

Re: Mitchell’s invitation to SCRS is an insult to the glass industry?

It is an insult since NAGS pricing for our point of sale systems will be going up to almost $250 per user over the next couple of years. Oh joy!

Bud, seems to have answer half the question but what about how they come up with the list prices.

Further Bud, Why don't you add in for gas charges since the networks won't allow them! Otherwise we won't be able to pay your increased pricing.

Great point Bad News, NAGS can increase there cost but will not allow an increase for auto glass?

NAGS HAS BEEN LIKE AN ADDICTION TO THIS INDUSTRY.
EVERYONE SAYS WHAT WILL WE DO WITH OUT THEM. I'M GOING TO FIND OUT BECAUSE I'M NOT RENEWING MY NAGS LICENCE AND THATS X3 THATS HOW MANY LOCATIONS WE HAVE.

I won't pay for usless info.

SB,

Nags will continue to hide behind two excuses.

1. Nags will not reveal "the colonel's secret recipe"

2. Bud and Jesse have repeatedly stated that if the product they sell isn't any good, no one would be buying it.

Now, you and I both know that Nags has a virtual monopoly in itself. That we are forced to use their system as a condition of billing, or for that matter, by software manufacturers that cannot build a system that would allow a user to input their own numbering and pricing system easily, attests to the fact that someone (as in the feds) should be investigating this monopoly.

I would gladly pay Nags half what they are charging now, and use only the numbers and the lookups. THey can keep the pricing numbers. As stated before, we are overriding most of them anyway.

So far, no reply to this offer. (no, I'm not surprised, and I continue to work towards my own system, and hope Chicago Group also does)

Just tell your software providers you do not want NAGS license anymore. Ask them how to use other pricing data, such as PPG or Pilkington listings. Many will do this for you or show you how to import the proper data.

When we all stop using and buying NAGS we will help put control back in our hands. I am not aware of any that states in order to bill an insurance company you have to price off of the NAGS list. Take your REAL costs, mark it up according to industry standards, and away you go.

And after a few rejected EDI for not "billing off the NAGS list", no biggie they reject them all the time anyway, take it to court and set a precident in your state and local area. Nothing says you have to bill off of NAGS, unless you are on an O&A of course.

You guys always want to take your invoices to court, doesn't this cost alot of money?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com