AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
For those on metryx...

For those of you who have signed up with metryx;
have you noticed any increase in work/referrals?
can you verify your companies info. or make any changes to it?
If you left out any info that you considered "none of their business",does it affect any parts of the agreement?
And when you signed your life away,is your profit margin greater than before or like always,is it getting smaller?
I'm just trying to get a idea if this is really worth signing up for.It's a good idea i just do not like the idea of who it is managed by.

Re: For those on metryx...

We have seen less work coming to the shop almost immediately. Also, we are having problems getting the info straight. We spent quit a bit of time just trying to correct the info we input. It will take it correctly and when you look at it on line it's correct but, when you speak to the people at LYNX it's all wrong. They continually call the wrong shops sometimes, they just drop shops for no reason.

We had an issue were our referrals were going to another shop. Our jobs were being referred to Glass American phones but, they thought it was our shop. Just yesterday LYNX asked me if the fax should go to one shop or another. The problem is the stores are 80 miles apart and in separate area codes.

Have you seen a change in the amount of work by not joining? How has it affected your business by not participating?

tried it, also tried the "new" GLAXIC" or whatever its called, getting off that also, what a pain in the xxx, they give just a "little" info, you need to feel in all the blanks and then some, so its double the work for us, PLUS, they still reject when EDI is sent and they keep ANOTHER $7.50 never once did I get a job from them, prior to me signing up, they sent me an email telling me I "missed" 3 opportunities because I was NOT on, well I am on, and guess what, I now how more work, I have to call in do the 3 way wait for them to down load to my program, feel in all the missing blanks, Correct the the glass part, receive a reject when invoicing sometimes not once but twice, then they say oh it was their error, but STILL charge me the reject charge.
Anyone else think this is a great program.
I told them to take me off! I am going back to the old ways.

I was very scared to join, but as always,I knew that if I didn't I would loose my insurance jobs. I install about 80 - 90% insurance work. I did'nt feel that all the information that they were asking for was their business so I didn't fill in all the blanks.That caused my shop to be listed as incomplete and I wasn't able to receive ANY referrals. I filled in the blanks once I found out why my jobs were going sone where else. I have noticed a slight increase because of the area code rule. If a customer wants a w/s and they are in my area code I get the job if the customer doesn't have a preferance. I'm a 2 man shop and I lost some business to the next town some 17 miles away because their shop has 8 employees and can get more cars done in a day than can I. I however feel that I had to accept the lowering profit margins and have done some Ins. work that I probably wouldn't have done in the past in order to keep on the "good list".

we have gotten no more or less work from them really. Been trying to fix our zip codes with them for months. They give me jobs for other branches and it makes the customers upset. But I didn't do the set up process myself so I don't know much yet.
I like that most of the info is in their orders. It's nice to just fill in the blanks. What I hate is when the dealer list price is different from what they have. Then you have to wait for them to research it.
Most of our jobs are referals from Dealers or Agents.

I have seen an increase which I did not expect.I also have seen an increase in cash jobs this summer compared to last year.Higher deductibles are happening fast here.I also get alot of weird ins jobs that I have never gotten before.Metryx?I dont know.

Resounding praise!

I'm convinced!

We tried it loss 75% or more of the state farm work we did locally , get calls all the time to go 45 miles one way to do "chip" repairs.

Re: Re: For those on metryx...

How about this my shop is not a O and A member of State Farm but friday at 3pm Lynx called and asked me if i could do a backglass for a State Farm insured just a little twist though the job needed to be done Saturday and about 100 miles from me in a small town. I told Lynxe to tell State Farm shove it up their _ss!

Well, that's a good way to get more work..

200 MILES ROUND TRIP,,,,, Good for you, we need more shops that can say,,, NO WAY! I for one commend you, we don't have to bend over backwards to get work. Weekends and extra miles should equal better pay! All other industries get extra for it!

We haven't been on Lynx for four or five years because of their liability assignment. While we were on their program, we might get one or two chips/month. After we dropped of we didn't get our chips. Anything we have ever gotten we get ourselves. In return for several years of being a faithful customer we have had our customers taken away and lied to and had PPG move in on our wholesale customers. It's cost them several thousand dollars a month in lost sales but I guess they think it's worth it. Don't you get tired of new schemes like metryx to save us from ourselves.

i haven't noticed any change either way, i also haven't had any problems with it either, about 5% of our work comes from a very loyal state farm agent but otherwise i don't do much lynx stuff

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com