AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Steering complaint on LYNX

We had a customer for our Ford dealer who wanted us to put in W/S.We were installing at dealership,when his agent told him he had coverage.He got Lynx #.We called Lynx,they wanted to talk to customer.We advised they would try to steer this Allstate claim to you know who.The claims rep proceeded to tell our customer they called us and we would not accept price,d*** lie.They never called.Customer then proceeded to tell thats funny we were putting in W/S at dealer ins or not and we warned him they would try to steer.My problem is the down right lie,they called and we didnt accept.I want to file a complaint with our ins. commision,this customer will sign a notorized complaint also.If anyone wants copy will send.We called their hand and they said it was a call center that did it they would be in touch.!!!I'm tried of steering this is direct what they did.

Re: Steering complaint on LYNX

That doesn't sound like Lynx, at least to my experience, but why didn't you stay on the line while the customer talked to lynx?

Sounds exactly like lynx to me, and also Allsnake ins! We rarely even do any allsnake work here. Go after them sukkas' Ryans, and good luck with it! at least a few have the guts to not put up with the crapp!

Re: Re: Steering complaint on LYNX

Sounds like Lynx to me. My experiences have taught me to record all of our calls. It is amazing at the lack of training there. Oh buy the way Insurance companies and Lynx never want to hear my tapes why is that Hal?

Yes Lynx is becoming real pro active on where they want the jobs done and by who. (or is it whom?)

Just today I had a customer contact me regarding a w/s replacement. I put the customer on hold to look up vehicle information. When i returned to the line I overheard what seemed to be an international woman conversing with the customer. I listened to their conversation for about 30 seconds. She was telling him that he should require mobile service from the glass shop for his convenience. When I returned to the line and told her who i was she said that I could not talk to the policyholder and that I would have to call him back on the number he gave me. I affirmed her that I had no idea i had to do that. Is this standard procedure?

I have heard in some areas that metryx has to do with this.There program seems to steer work to qualified shops.Is this true?

Qualified shop,that means I lower my standards?Nope,I dont agree with Metryx,sorry but when installers are hard to come by why give them resumes!We train to get good installers why give them advantage to take what cost us money to train.If you train a installer right it takes time and they make mistakes,you pay for.I feel LYNX has other motives.We have training and certs. but they want their standard only.More are poping up every day,there will be certs for each network.

Very interesting that guys are still takin or doing Insurance Work... I stopped taking or doing insurance work by explaining to the customers and having them forward the invoices directly to their ins. companies for reimbusement. PPLE WAKE UP. it takes alittle xtra time to talk to the customers and believe me much less headache later on. I have actually seen a big jump in biz.

and you actually get paid?

I don't know abourt anyone else. In my area if I tell a customer they have to lay out the money for a windshield replacement, they would not walk away. They would run away.

I have to for the most part agree with glassguy. We are seeing more and more people who DO understand. when explained to them, most will not run away. I know for some of you this idea seems to scary, just like getting off the "Dictated Rates Undermining Glass Shops". It's hard at fist, but hey try a few of the real bad ones like allstate or progressive ect. Let the customer know just what to expect and they will get paid in full (so long as you are charging a reasonable cash rate). We had a bad one the other day, sgc wanted 12% off a dw1409 HD edition w/s, we said no we do not accept discounting from nags, they asked "are you turning down the job?" we said "NOPE". "We are not turning down the job, but we are turning down your network pricing. They hung up and a little while latter the fax rang and they sent it at 0 off like we told them we could do.When enough shops stand up to their rights, educate YOUR customers, things will improve. It's HARD to feel sorry for those who cannot stand on thier own, and get jobs the old fashioned way,,,EARN THEM!

so, as a result are you an affiliated shop with them?

Derek, if you are asking am I an Affiliated shop???? the big answer is NO WAY. We don't worry about getting jobs from networks any more. our customer base wants us and will go to pretty good lenghts to insist on us. We market our customers who are our friends and nieghbors. Our customers trust us. I just wish more shops would rely on good old fashioned REPUTATION, to get thier work,, not on networks.

We dont do alot of insurance work ,we're like XXX we dont belong to any networks but two weeks ago we had a fleet customer and family friend call needing a doorglass fo his sales reps 06 Durango (lami d/g) he requested us to do the work it was approved @ 0 off nags and then we show up @ the location (A body shop) and find the doorglass was already replaced by the body shops glass company (D.T.) the owner said it was replaced @ 10% off list. First time we excepted a job from allstate and the last time. By the way didnt D.T. sue Safelite for the same exact thing.

AH...did you receive a Fax'd dispatch from SGC?

glasssgod... We did recieve a faxed dispatch approvedd @ 0% off nags ,when we called and complained and told them it had been done by D.T. they told us that the customer called and requested a different shop ,The customer called them in front of us and they told him the same thing and he told them it wasnt him that called because we are the only glass company he has ever used to service his fleet of 110 vehicles. they basicaly called him a liar and us too and said it was too late to fix this problem. We never recieved a cancellation fax from them again they say we are lying.

That's bullcrap....I'd try to hear that tape for the rest of my waking moments....to hear who switched the assignment.

After hours on the phone off and on for three days they,re now telling us that they had another phone call for the same vehicle by someone at the customers office but they will not release tapes or a name and we record all of our calls but our customer had called from his cell phone before we had realized what he had done. So now I got one tech dedicated to this account to hopefully keep this from happening again.

the only way they will release the tapes is with a subpeona, they have probably already been erased

I have never received a cancellation fax from Safeblight. LYNX, yes, but not them.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com