AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
competition for NAGS

Well....are we-- as an independant shop, being pushed out by NAGS? Is that what they think will happen? With their current pricing- what is gonna happen to us small one shop companies? How am I expected to compete? I don't have the bank roll to run out a price war for 12-18months. Do you? I really wish someone smarter than us would figure out a way to create some competition for NAGS. Is the Chigago group going to do ANYTHING next week in Tuscon? I can't sell windshields for 199.00 for 12 more months. I may just hire a few glazers and let the windshield guys go....With only 12months of battle funds left -it may be our only option. Signed frustrated.

Re: competition for NAGS

Yes, manufacturer part numbers and SRP/whole sale prices. Let the insurance companies deal with their fortune 500/100 friends (manufacturers) for better SRP, etc.

Listen guys, we have to get our stuff together and stop complaining and start doing. We need to be smart in only supporting companies in our industry that are making and difference.

Randy, I agree with you! The only people recognizing NAGS are the Glass shop and insurance companies (Webmaster this is not a call to boycott so please don't take it that way.) In fact, around here we have noticed a cost plus approach to cash and wholesale customers, further distancing us from NAGS. As new vehicles that never before had a NAGS list price, come to market. The more NAGS becomes obsolete to our industry.

NAGS will not tell us the secret formula as to how they come to list prices. But, we do know that they don’t acknowledge the manufactures recommendation anymore. The same goes for the Manufactures and distributors when they stopped recognizing NAGS. This has caused a negative impact to the installer’s profitability but helped stabilize the distribution market.

I don’t know about the Chicago Group at this point. Has anyone looked at the dealer list prices with a dealer or Auto Body labor rate? Or working off individual manufactures list prices?

Webmaster don't run Barter Town ... Master Blaster run Barter Town.

In other words, its not up to me. I'm just the one who removes them when I'm told unless its blatantly obvious that it is in violation of forum policies.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com