AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
nag's & part #'s

There has been much talk about not using nags, and I still don't understand how any one can look up, order or function without using some form of nags. how do you order a ws for an 02 chev p/up,, just say give me a chev p/up w/s or do you ask for a DW1341? For cash quotes or ins work how do you look up what parts are needed and find out your costs without using some form of nags? In the alsmost 20 years in this business I know of no other way than the broken tool of nags,,, what am I missing????

Re: nag's & part #'s

Line drawings and part number assignment are necessary, but unrealistic list prices and now $899.00 a year to use it is a problem in my view.

Most of the programs out for glass will give you almost all the dealer #'s with the system! This work great for doorglass parts also as they show a picture and # the when you go to oem section you can get just about any part inside the door or that attached to the glass! In the old days nags books had the foreign
w/s and tempered part # right in the book although they stopped that years ago!

This is just a crazy thought, but if Nags actually does OWN those part numbers (and I have questioned this many times, with VERY interesting answers) I would gladly pay Nags 50% of what I am paying them now, and they can keep the pricing numbers. They have evolved into total and complete uselessness anyway. The pricing, with thousands and thousands of net priced parts, and Nags list prices that simply reflect an aftermarket parts database, not OEM, have no bearing on the market anyway.

So.....Nags, how 'bout a 'lite' update, and I'll plug in my own freaking pricing. I'm doing it on every cotton pickin' lookup anyway.

Now before somebody says this is crazy, think about it for a minute. Online access to distributors via part mfg and pricing is seconds away via the internet, and can be considered 'live' and even faster than the phone. You consider cost on EVERY part you quote/sell anyway, so.......why not just toss the Nags pricing into the toilet and go with a cost plus markup to retail price? Every other industry does. We ARE too, with the net priced parts issue on a huge number of parts, so why not ALL of them?

Hmmmmmmmm......sounds like Chicago Group's concept fits right into this.......and having been building a new parts database into our company's puters over the last few months, (not auto glass parts), I question why this can't be easily (relatively) done.

Oh well, back to sadistic reality.......

10%&20% is a joke for mark up on glass I lost a windshield to a some rack with 18.5in. space put clams on the bottom a year. My rack is padded and 22" later it cracked to the top. I found the flaw after I pulled the windshield from the car . Set the broken one so they could drive till a new one came .(no phone number) So double the work and cost. You can't do this with 10-20% marke up.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com