AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Service Select

What a story on Glassbytes (5/9/06) about State Farm and their service select program. When will the glass shops be next, I think we all know it is coming. Imagine, Progressive pays 24% off NAGS, Allstate at 22% off, cash sales even lower and now shops must give the Farm the same discounts. Metryx seems to be the tool they need and have. Can you really blame them? I would be upset if I did a lot of business with, lets say my supplier and they give better pricing to another shop that buys less glass(okay, bad example, that already happens) Point is: I think we will be next. If a glass shop from a A market mobiles to a D market how long before everyplace is a A market.Allstate is a good example, four markets two prices. Just my scrambled thoughts on our future!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Service Select

I hate to admit it but I think you are correct.It is just a matter of time,just what we need,yae right!!

Re: Service Select

THERE IS ONLY ONE ANSWER THAT COMES TO MY FEEBLE MIND,,,, WHAT SOME HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR OVER A YEAR NOW,,,, JUST SAY NO! ERODEING PRICES WILL NOT QUIT UNTIL ENOUGH SHOPS STAND UP AND SAY NO,,, WE WON'T GO THAT LOW. I know, quit YELLING! sorry. I understand competion is tough, real tough. I can't believe some of the low pricing out there and how even with ok volume how some of you can keep your doors open. I know we are all struggling, but why play with slow death? Beat the rush and start NOW! If Allstate wants that low of price I for 1 won't do thier work. we already turn down most progressive work. I'll do other work before going to installing auto glass for almost nothing! We've already had several customers that wanted to use or shop but let the tpa control them into the cheapie mobile guys, now they have a leaky w/s and are real unhappy. We have them working on the channels to complain,,, in time this will come around,, just needs enough people to speak out! and take action. Sorry if anyone thinks I'm whinning,,, but in reality we are doing something,, saying no and helping our customers to fight back!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com