AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Vaccuuming glass in Caravan Backglass

Any real world solutions to removong the broken glass bits from inside the liftgate of the Caravan/Town & Country? To put it mildly, access is limited and I can never get all the glass out. Thanks

Re: Vaccuuming glass in Caravan Backglass

Tip it upside down and shake it!!!! ha ha. These are really tough. even removal of entire panel doesn't give enough access to vacumm all the glass out. With the gate fully open sometimes you can shake the majority out. We just do our very best and explain to the customer that it is impossible to get every piece out. After a few wash board roads, railroad tracks it may get better! Check for any holes in bottom of door that you can work small ones out, or plugs that can be removed, and reinstalled. Not that we like this we just do our best,,, and sell the rest! good luck!HTH

Phred, what I have found when I cannot get all the glass out, is to squirt a little undercoating to keep what glass is left in the hatch from moving around.
Some techs may not like this idea. I have had no problems.

A lot of times if you have a compressor avalible blowing air does the trick you can even use the exhaust side of the vac but a compressor has more power make sure to wear safety glass as we all do!

yes take out the "plugs" and then pull the hatch half way down and blow it out with a air nozzle.. i use to do oem caravans that shipped as "new" and this was only way to get it out... a little lithium grease never hurt for the straglers

Re: Vacuuming glass in Caravan Backglass

I hear Equalizer is coming out with a glass magnet. Should solve this problem.

Remove drain plugs and shake it like a polaroid vacuum vacuum and explain to the customer in a perfect world dodge would have made the job a little easier.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com