AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
first bouncer

sooooooo, I quess this is business, picked up a new account truck leasing company asked to be put on P.o. got the first check after 60 days and bounce!!!! Any advise besides the obvious first time dealing with this situation. I guess it's our initiation!!!!

Re: first bouncer

I would contact the customer and let them know what happened. More than likely there was some kind of clerical mistake, otherwise the customer would not have issued a check at all. The customer would not issue a check with the intentions of defrauding you, since he will have to pay the fees associated with an overdraft.

Re: Re: first bouncer

C.O.D OR 10 day terms with a credit card on file.

thanks for your advise I will go with C.O.D>/credit card on file

We take a lot of checks for the deductibles, and it seems like we go through cycles when all of the sudden several will bounce. But it doesn't happen very much with a business customer.

We contact the customer and try to get a credit card number from them on the phone. Sometimes they just continue to give you the runaround. You have to be persistent.

One guy gave us his credit card, and had us split the payment in 2, a couple of days apart. The first one went through, but the second charge kept getting denied. So we kept trying about 3 times a day until it finally went through about a week later.

If you end up being unable to collect, you need to have a relationship with a collections agency that you can use. They often can collect what you can't, for a 35% fee or so.

we take ours to the county attorney.

i think we pay 10 bucks or so, but they have collected the ones we took there.

we don't get them that often either, so i am not an expert at getting the money back. i usually have them bring me cash, but if they don't cooperate, they go to the courthouse.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com