AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2006 Acura TL Windshield Pricing

I recently had a customer call and request a quote for a windshield. The vehicle takes a FW2452gbn. I gave him a quote and he booked the appointment. He called back around 15 minutes later and cancelled because he found it 200.00 cheaper somewhere else. I called a couple of wholesalers that we use and the prices ranged anywhere from 345.00 to 536.75 for a windshield. I called the customer back and asked him the name of the shop and called for a quote myself. He gave me 2 quotes 1 that was for 70.00 more that what my supplies would of cost and 1 for a honda logo which was more than my quote to that same customer. The only thing I can figure out is that the glass shop is using a FW2181 for the cheaper price.I am going to try to send someone to look at the number on the windshield but have to wait a week or two for this. Anybody got any ideas on this and if they are using a FW2181, what would happen in a crash if this glass is not for this year of the vehicle, is the acoustic inner layer only for sound reduction?
Thanks

Re: 2006 Acura TL Windshield Pricing

I don't think they are interchangeable, the moulding on a 2181 is a full moulding and the 2452 is just showing a top... plus the block size is different. It could be that the other guy is buying an off brand or something, but everytime I have done one I just get it from the dealer, if the guy wants a cheap piece of crap let him get a cheap piece of crap.

Re: 2006 Acura TL Windshield Pricing

FW2181 and FW2452 are totally different shields 03TL used the FW2181! In 04 they changed the whole body style on the Acura sedans!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com