AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
GLAXIS

anyone on this program? just wondering if its worth signing up. had questioned them on a few things but they dont reply.

Re: GLAXIS

I don't believe in doing anything that puts more money in Lynx's pockets (or any PPG company since they are all connected to Lynx) so they can turn around and screw this industry even more.

Lynx, Safelite and any company affiliated with them are our enemies.

Therefore, Glaxis is our enemy.

Glaxis is a tool, not exactly a program from what I understand.

It allows you to receive electronic dispatches; review, check availability, and order parts; process electronic notice of loss (no more phone calls); as well as allow the networks to automatically schedule customers ALL from within your POS system.

We have enjoyed using the tools Glaxis has privided. They are not perfect as with anything online they do crash from time to time. Probably the greatest advantage we have gained from using Glaxis is the electronic dispatching. Our software allows us to create a workorder from the electronic dispatch which has reduced data input errors by about 40%. Which of course leads to less EDI rejections.

I believe other software providers now are Glaxis enabled as well besides GTS but I am not sure anyone other than LYNX (networks I am speaking of) is using this type of tool.

Just my 2 cents.

We are using edirectglass and like CCC we enjoy the fact that our work assignments from GLAXIS/LYNX are converted right in to a work order and all we have to do is add the line items for the job

On the other hand what I am not pleased with is the cost associated with my generated business. We market heavily in our area and when we get a new customer and call for the authorization, Lynx still charges the work assignment fee for business we generate. Not very fair at all. I can understand paying for the assignments they send me when their call center is contacted.

The brightside for me is that since I do not pay EDI fees with edirectglass, it pretty much is break-even.

An old, but I still feel VERY valid, question:

Why does this industry pay insurance company's processing fees (of ANY kind) for claims processing?

Is the insurance industry paying for, example, our industry's bookkeepping costs? Why is this different?

Further, we discount to them for the priveledge, as if they are 'sending' us business, as if they are contracting work with shops. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Ah well, there I go again, being an idealist, rather than a realist.

sooooo, they even charge you when YOU do the inputing and have a chance of them rejecting it? If I did say 10 a day x 5 x 50 weeks, at their 1.75 that comes to about $4,375 a yr. how is that free with edirect? That seems to be alot of money a yr we are giving them. ummmmm I guess I need to look a little harder at this. I guess, if they send the work, but what chance is that.

GLAXIS charges ALL OF THE POS providers to deliver Lynx work assignments to us. I talked with someone at GLAXIS and they confirmed that. Call them youself and verify.

Edirectlass offers free EDI and Lynx work assignments are not EDI. EDI is for invoicing only.

For instance, I was paying $1.25 per EDI with my old POS system before edirectglass and now I pay nothing, which has saved me roughly 500-700 dollars per month. Now that I have Lynx work assignments and I don't have to type any of the administrative detail in because the electronic assignment has it all, I figure the 50 cent net difference between the free EDI and what I was paying before is worth my time and my front office people. I now pay about $200 a month for the Lynx assingments. I do 60% Lynx jobs, 35% Safelite and the rest go to the other networks.

All in all, with the free EDI, edirectglass makes it much easier to swallow the GLAXIS/Lynx charge although I still don't like what Lynx is charging on assignments I give them

I just don't understand why the Networks aren't charging the fee to the insurance company rather than to the glass shop. Or are they double dipping us both?

KB-Here's a tip-Don't hold your breath waiting for the networks to charge the insurance companies anything-Are you kidding us???

In most cases, the TPAs charge the insurance companies a processing fee for the call center services, invoice processing, and management. Most of the LYNX accounts were either sold as insurance company paid fee programs or they have converted from the old 6% fee that they started with. Some of the other TPA's still use the installer paid fee model, especially when it comes to fleet management companys.

The Glaxis fee is charged to the POS software providers by PPG.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com