AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AGRR ARTICLE PG 24

Hasn't anyone else noticed in the article, price points, that the prices listed are for the glass only?This seems a bit deceptive or confussing to me. I first looked at this as very low pricing to install the w/s and the article states,,"for the windshield replacement", which I assumed meant the entire bill or invoice for the said w/s. This paints a very low price for a w/s that lists for 390.75 is being installed for $255 - $472. I ran the numbers for a cash sale, no discount or mark-up of the w/s added reasonable labor, kit, tax, etc and it came to just over $600.00. Why would anyone print something this deceptive or inaccurate?? OR WHAT, AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

Re: AGRR ARTICLE PG 24

As I understand it, the prices are based on "mystery callers" who contact a shop and pretend to be a local cash customer.

I had a call from one a few months ago. He claimed to be a local customer, but when I asked where he was calling from, he butchered the pronunciation of my town, after claiming that he was "local"

( No-one can pronounce Syosset the first time they try)

I quoted him a "high-ball" price

I guess when we see crazy low prices in AGRR, it's just a case of idiots quoting low prices to get the job.

Pity !

I'm not sure it's such a great idea that these figures are published. Are these figures helping erode our industry? I don't care what shops across the US are pricing.

Just wanted to let you know we have a column coming out explaining our methodology for Price Points in the next AGRR. Also, Ira (hi Ira) was called a few months ago by a gentleman, it wasn't us. We had no male editors calling at that time, and as a Baldwin girl, I definately know how to pronouse Sigh-os-ut.

Regards,
Deb Levy

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com