AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
did you know windshields are tempered??

That's what glass.net informs the public on it's website. I also plugged in multiple zip codes from all over the country for a quote on a DW1341 and got the exact same 3 quotes every time. At least they weren't low-balls.

QUOTE FROM THEIR WEBSITE:
Auto glass is not a product - it's a safety feature.
Many people only look for the lowest price when they shop for auto glass.
But there varying qualities of glass, and levels of installation quality.
Windshield installation quality is affected by these 6 factors:
Glass Quality
Windshield glass is laminated - a piece of vinyl sandwiched between two pieces of tempered glass. A good windshield matches your old windshield exactly - tint, exact size, and extra features such as a rain sensor. Cheap installations often use badly-fitting glass.

Re: did you know windshields are tempered??

I just went there to get some quotes,,, way too funny! Tried the 05 saab like in agrr article way cheap! then went to a basic dw1341 and that was higher!!! what was real cute is put in zip code, They came up with shops that don't exist in my area. One was windshieldsmith, called the number and it was 89glass! The prices in there must be just like the prices reported by agrr on page 24 ,,, no installation, no labor, no kit, no tax, must be quote on glass only!!!! all the more reason shops need to RAISE their prices, this is just NUTS!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com