AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
99 Jag XJ8

Is it possible to reuse the molding/gasket looking thing around the w/s?(FW2038) It seems really soft and will tear very easily. It's for a friend of mine and I don't want to have to order the $140, non-returnable, special order, mother @#$%ing molding from the Jag dealership (pikers anf chiselers).

Re: 99 Jag XJ8

If this is the FW2052 or one of its varations (FW2038 Mitsubishi Diamante)remove chrome from w/strip and remove w/strip from w/shield. I have never had one tear on me. Put w/strip on glass install chrome and put in as a assembly. Easy job cold knife removal.

Lee I agree,the hardest part can be removing mirror

On these I pull mirror away from w/s about 1/16 of an inch at lower part of mirror and then pull down. They usually slide right off.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com