AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HAZE ON THE BACK SIDE OF PPG CHINEESE W/S

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME IN THE PAST YEAR THAT WE'VE COME ACROSS A WHITE HAZE THAT CAN'T BE CLEANED OFF THE INSIDE OF THE W/S. I'VE FOUND IT ON THE SAME DOT W/S FROM PPG (MADE IN CHINA). WE MANAGED TO SCRUB IT OFF WITH KAOLIN CLAY BUT I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT VINEGAR WOULD WORK.
MY QUESTION IS: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS STUFF IS FOR SURE? THANKS

Re: HAZE ON THE BACK SIDE OF PPG CHINEESE W/S

MY BEST GUESS,,,,,,INSECTICEDS!

mygrant/rep.told me that vinegar work very will too.

Vinegar doesn't work very well. Try Scrubs in a bucket. Scrub lightly then clean with glass cleaner. Seems to work.

Ken, this haze is from the salt water in tranport.
The company in China that PPG is contracting to is also the same company Northstar private labels with.
(XYG)DOT 563. Norhtstar corporate is located in my area and I used to use their product. The salt water stain can be buffed with winshield compound. This problem was of many problems I quite using the glass.

Re: Re: HAZE ON THE BACK SIDE OF PPG CHINEESE W/S

Does anyone make an additional charge for cleaning these hazed windshields... just wondering out loud?

We shouldn't have to clean them. The responsibility for that should be on PPG's shoulders. They can then turn around and put it on their supplier's shoulders.

We've gotten to the point where we refuse to accept them. We send them back, and order from Pilkington instead.

Gary

Well, Pilk has it on theirs, as well as independent and safelite. Good luck!!

XYG also has a DOT # of 750 plant is in Hong Kong.

We've reduced the number of w/s's we get from PPG and started ordering more from LOF/Pilk. My dispatcher is pretty good about ordering when we come in and refuse to install a PPG China w/s. Since we've started doing that, I callback rate has dropped.

LOF is also really good about cleaning and inspecting them before sending them to us. PPG pulls them off the rack and puts them on the truck. No cleaning, no inspecting.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com