AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SGC network needs glass part?

SGC now asking for the windshield part(tinted, shaded, options) when doing a repair.

Any ideas why they need this info for a windshield repair claim?

Just thought I would throw this out there!

Re: SGC network needs glass part?

BEFORE OR AFTER WORK IS DONE?

They probably need this info so they can show the insurance company how much money they are saving by doing repairs vs. replacements. This also makes their job easier as they won't need to figure it out themselves!

HAVE NOT HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS IN THE WESTERN PA MARKET. MAYBE IT IS A PILOT PROGRAM IN CERTAIN AREAS.

so they can send one on the truck if the repair suddenly becomes a replacemnt ... ?

Re: Re: SGC network needs glass part?

WE SEND A W/S WITH EVERY CHIP REPAIR ORDER. WHY MOBILE TWICE.

That's a lot of w/s's to return, isn't it?

In 18 years I've never brought a w/s to do chip,,, and guess what,,, I've never needed one! hmmm Does that come from knowing what your doing?

Just a thought, but maybe they are gathering the information so that when the part is replaced they already know what it is in order to catch those that are billing for a shade instead of a tint. They always look for ways they can be display their honesty and integrity.

Just how many times have you gone out to replace a windshield when the customer says it is clear only to have it be shaded! In the long run it is cheaper to bring the shaded so you only have to go out once as we all know the ins. co. will not pay for a second trip out. About 15 yrs. ago we tried to get Metropolitan to pay us $30 for saving a molding and we were told to bill them for the molding next time as they will not pay more labor so it is ****ed if you do ****ed if you don't

NOT WHEN YOU STOCK TRAILER LOADS.

CS I GUESS IN 18 YEARS YOU NEVER HAD A CHIP RUN OUT WHILE DOING THE REPAIR. OR WHEN YOU GOT TO THE JOB THE BREAK WAS LARGER THAN THE CUSTOMER SAID. MY POINT IS WHY DRIVE TO A CHIP REPAIR THAT YOU HAVE NO SEEN WITH OUT A BACK UP W/S. BY THE WAY I HAVE BEEN IN AUTO GLASS FOR 34 YEARS. I THINK I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING

Friend in the industry- you just made my day. I really needed a good laugh

Elron, sorry I did not intend to state you don't know what your're doing. Being efficient is a good thing. I have only had 2 or 3 chips ever get away from me out of 35,000-40,000 chips I have repaired and only 1 I know of had to be replaced, I still saved the others. I knew a couple of Harmon guys a few years back and I was told by them and saw it first hand that they would always bring the w/s with on repair orders and would just give a bit too much push or flexing on the break to make sure it was not repairable. So maybe this past experiences has tainted my opinion a wee bit. Sorry again , I did not try to insinuate that you would do such a thing. good luck.

CS THANKS,BY THE WAY WHICH REPAIR KIT DO YOU USE, I HAVE BECOME VERY COMFORTABLE WITH THE DELTA SYSTEM.

Elron, I'm one of the NOVUS guys who got out when novus hit the (SKIDS,,,) so to speak. When trans canada bought them out. Still use some old novus tools but have found many bridges like delta's that work just fine. Mainly, pressure & vacumm system. resins have improved also. Delta's forum is real good to get info on repair.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com