AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Progressive steering

In my area in california progressive ins. per their direct repair autobody contract says they have to use safelite to do their r&i and replacement of glass, so much for right to choose

Re: Progressive steering

They do not HAVE to use Safelite, but their glass company WILL have to match the Safelite price, which is incredibly ridiculously low. Once Safelite does the work, you'll be able to go back and fix it though.

We turn down every progressive claim . They are nobodys they have no grounds to demand any such pricing.

We can't turn down progressive or any insurance company when the car is being repaired at a body shop we have been working with for 25 years. The best we hope for is the shop manager tells SGC to pound sand and they won't let them near their shop. Some do this, most do not.

here in louisiana the law states you have the right to choose any glass facility. we choose not to take safelite because we end up oweing the customer after the job is done the way proggresives rates are.

i mean we choose not to take progressive. i know several shops here that don't accept safelite

Madeline, if it's a glass only progressive claim we tell them the truth that they demand we sell glass back to them cheaper than we pay and sorry we're not gonna do it. But for body shop work you do not have a choice except to start dropping accounts.

that's true but we are just and glass shop and we're in business to make money so proggresive is not one of the ins. we take. we have several places here that won't take proggresive. i like when we call in a glass claim to safelite and they try to get the customer to use their shop and i tell them they are illegally trying to steer my customer and then they start "crawfishing". i am going to start telling them that my phone calls are being recorded for training purposes like they say. bet they'll think twice here in Louisiana. It is just illegal here.

Re: Re: Progressive steering

WHAT WE DO IS CALL SAFELITE TELL THEM THAT WE ARE THE BODY SHOP AND ASK FOR A QUOTE. WE ALSO TELL THEM IT IS A PROGRESSIVE CLAIM, 99% OF THE QUOTES ARE HIGHER THEN THE PROGRESSIVE ADJUSTER WROTE. THEN WE CALL THE ADJUSTER AND ASK THAT PERSON WHATS THE DEAL WITH LOW PRICE, JUST ABOUT EVERY TIME THE CLAIM HAS BEEN READJUSTED IN OUR FAVOR. IT IS A PAIN IN THE REAR BUT YOU HAVE TO FIGHT BACK AND DON'T THROW IN THE TOWEL TO SOON.
WE ARE IN THE WEASTERN PA. MARKET.

They use the lowest price that they can get delivered. Then a small mark up and labor. The wrecking yard that sells to them here some how sells PPG for less than I can buy for.

The body shop cannot tell progressive they will not use safelite. If they are a direct repair for progressive they have a signed contract.

Fight with them and they will drop you as a direct repair.

Which might not be a bad thing, Doug, if they have you working at cost or below. Possibly it's better to let them have what they are paying for, instead of service and quality for free.

I suppose it depends on the dollars.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com