AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PPG's Chinese DW01330 and DW01478

There seems to be a high number of these two windshields with distortions. I was wondering if anyone else out there was having the same problem with these two specific parts?

Thanks

Re: PPG's Chinese DW01330 and DW01478

YES,along with 1217,1341,1257 and so on.Thank god for lof,for now.

yeah LOF is starting to show up made in China also, pretty soon it will all be nasty glass, distortion will be the norm and we'll have to change windows out that have no distortion

LOF's been using Chinese glass before PPG did. I've found that PPG is using at least one of the same manufacturers as Safelite, XYG. We've had a lot of problems with PPG China and as such have started buying more and more from LOF. Locally, LOF inspects the glass before shipping it, PPG dosen't. As far as my shop is concerned, it's a 50/50 shot with PPG China. None of the techs want to use it.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com