AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
D/T INVESTIGATION

IT IS NO SURPRISE THAT D/T GOT CAUGHT GIVING BRIBES.
THEIR SALES REPS BLATANTLY GIVE OUT GAS CARDS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES TO THE INSURANCE AGENTS. IT IS A COMPANY WIDE PRACTICE AND I AM SURE THEY ARE REGRETTING THEIR DECISION TO GIVE PAY OFFS. ALSO, GLASSAMERICA HAS TAKEN IT ONE STEP FURTHER. THEY HAVE A STANDARDIZED FORM THEY GIVE TO THE AGENTS FOR GLASS LOSSES. THE AGENTS FILL OUT THE FORM AND FAX IT TO GLASSAMERICA AND THEY RECEIVE A KICK BACK, USUALLY $25.00 GAS CARDS. I KNOW FIRSTHAND BECAUSE I HAVE MANY FRIENDS THAT WORK IN INSURANCE OFFICES, AND THEY TELL ME AND SHOW ME THE FORMS THAT ARE BEING USED. I HOPE SOME STATE AGENCIES WILL STEP IN AND STOP THESE PAYOFFS. HERE IN TAXACHUSETTS, IT IS ILLEGAL TO OFFER INDUCEMENTS.

Re: D/T INVESTIGATION

I always wonder if they give a 1099 to the agents, service wrighters, ect., ect. I wonder what would happen to any of them or us, with an IRS audit. I don't believe anyone is totaly inocent..

does any one know if you can give a 1099 to agents. we did an agents car and he had a $500. but wont pay. the deductible. someone told me I could 1099 them.

Why not just take that agent to small claims court?

jon,

if you have the agents ssn, you can report it as income to him on a 1099.

the irs frowns on it but what better way can you find to help someone like that out?

What is a wrighter, opposite of a wronger?

oops ..... wrighters ( SP ) It was late after a busy day....d

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com