AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sprinter b/g cut-out tool

Been getting into cutting out the rear panels on sprinter vans.With the urethane set ,you need to recess cut the outer skin.Which is the best tool for this? nippers or shears?THe nippers seem to be a little too deep for the room aloud .Not sure if the shears can handle the corner radius.

Re: Sprinter b/g cut-out tool

I use a nibbler, it works most of the time, on the back doors sometimes they are too thick for the nibbler in spots then I use an airsaw

All i want to do is cut the outer skin on the rear doors.

don't you have to cut the inner and outer on the door? We cut through both at the same time

You would need to cut thru both if you are going rubber set.When they are urethaned in the inner skin has a finished lip that is for the finished outcome and must be left behind otherwise there is an ugly cut that has to be hidden somehow.Look at one that has been put in at the factory and you will see what i mean.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com