AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safelite Voided Claim After Job Was Done

What can be done when you get a customer, set up a claim thru Safelite, do the job, then find out after the fact that Safelite "voided" the claim because the person didn't have comprehensive coverage.

Mind you, they confirmed converage and set the claim up, then they changed their mind.

How can we hold Safelite accountable for THEIR mistake?

Re: Safelite Voided Claim After Job Was Done

Sadly this has happens with SGC from time to time. However, all you can do is go back on the customer, or try to convince the customer to deal with his local agent and get it worked out. Put the heat on SGC by making the agent aware of the situation. And be fair, sometimes it is a simple computer failure, or data from the ins co. that is invalid. It isn't ALWAYS SGC's fault. Always keep that in mind before you put your foot in your mouth.

I hope you taped that telephone call?? This is a great example of a situation where it is very helpful to haved taped the conversation. You can play the recording back to the local agent to confirm what happened. In some cases we have had agents pay the claim themselves, but do not count on that happening.

Good luck !!

Re: Re: Safelite Voided Claim After Job Was Done

Go to the agent with the fax referal from Safelite or call Dave McPhadden from safelite and put the ball back in their court. I have had it happen and went to Safelite with the fax referal and put enough pressure or was a pain in the rear end that they paid me and they ate it.

Re: Re: Re: Safelite Voided Claim After Job Was Done

I have had the same instance and Safelite finally paid me. This was about 3-4 years ago. The saviour was the fax they sent with confirmation of coverage.

We had one not long ago. sgc sends us all the info on the work order just like normal. after everything was done, the next week it got rejected, made a few calls. let the customer know, they understood they were responsible for it, as it's on all invoices. They took care of it, went to thier agent, and probable threw that ins co right out the door. It's good to check periodically what your coverage is, mistakes do happen. BUT IT REALLY BITES,When it comes back come to think of it,,, it's only happened with sgc. hmmmmm

USUALLY, IF THEY HAVE NOT CONFIRMED COVERAGE THEY WILL FAX YOU A WORK ORDER WITH XXXXXXXX ON THE REF# LOOK OUT, THEY SHOULDN'T EVEN FAX A WORK ORDER UNTIL IT IS CONFIRMED,,,, AND HOW LONG SHOULD THAT TAKE?? IT'S RIGHT THERE ON THEIR SCREEN! I THINK IT'S ANOTHER WAY THEY LIKE TO MESS WITH SHOPS! THEY EVEN TRY TO FAX WORK ORDERS WITH WRONG PRICING,,,, GET IT CONFIRMED BY E-MAIL, THEN WHEN THEY SHORT PAY YOU, YA CAN GO BACK FIGHT TO GET PAID. THIS IS WHY TPA'S ARE JUST SO MUCH FUN TO WORK WITH,,,,NOT! HAL ARE YA LISTENING YET???????

I bet you did not get a xmas card from cheeplite either . There plan must be to KILL off most of us before they go broke. We need to help them go broke.

This happens quite often. In every instance they try to pin it on the insurance company. I have got everyone of these paid by going straight to the top person at the inusrance company. Who is the insurance company that is involved?

I've only had one claim "voided," & it happened after I entered the invoice in on SGC's invoice filing site.

Ironically, this particular claim was paid by SGC... one of the quickest payments I EVER got from them, before I could even think about throwing a fit.

Double check (if you haven't already) and see if there was a glitch. In any case, don't be afraid to let the agent know there was a problem... they need to know these things. If SGC truly voided this claim, don't be afraid to let EVERYONE know, maybe even file a complaint with the overseeing department in your state.

This has happened to our shop quite a few times.Contact the local agent.But they can not always help you,until sgc confirms the coverage.You can always get the customer involved also,but i try to keep them out of it until the very end.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com