AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Delivery Surcharges

Is anyone charging insurance companies a "Surcharge"? charges? Some of the suppliers are charging a surcharge for delivering parts. Just curious how others are handling this additional fee!

Re: Delivery Surcharges

our flat glass has just risen from around 6 pecent to 17 percent, they predict it not to go down until possibly the third quarter of this year. i am not holding my breath.

the autoglass side is charging around 3 bucks per piece, i can't see any way of not paying those charges. just sitting here taking it is a slow death but i don't see to many alternatives.

i have started adding those charges on the bills i am running through neon, but i haven't seen the results yet.

I have been charging a 5% fuel surcharge and a $40 mobile charge (nags code SMB 00500 for the mobile) and I have been getting paid on the mobile charge and sometimes on the fuel charge from safelite and also a few times from state farm, not consistant but I will continue to put both of these charges on my invoices and hope for the best

do you get authorization approval on the charges ?

I PUT SMB 00500 IN MY POS AND IT COMES UP NO SUCH PART ?

I have never requested approval for delivery or fuel surcharges. When State Farm asks me for a bottom line bid I add in those charges and they send me a check direct, they do not ask for a break down. With Safelite as I think I stated they will not pay the fuel charge but are paying the mobile charge. Maybe they think it is the lesser of the two evils? I dont know but it has been working for me.

Do you have to get approval from SGC for the mobile fee or do you just put it on your bill?
The only company I have ever charged a mobile fee to was Globe Amerada (years ago), which is now Gerber.
Thank you for your responses! Always learn something new in the industry!

How do yoy get to State Farm witiout going to Lynx

CONCERNED, IT IS IN NAGS SOFTWARE (GLASSMATE), AND TO Bob, the only way to be direct with state farm is to not be on metrix!

THANKS ALMOST THERE.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com