AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
10 years

i have watched this board daily for about 6 months, and have not replied until now.

today, i celebrated my 10 year anniversary in business at the shop with the guys. i started doing mobile chip repair on my bike with a milk crate attached, began replacing w/s in 97, and opened a 2nd store in 2002 nearby. as many of you will remember, chip repair was not yet fully accepted by the insurance industry 10 years ago.

the chief complaint i read about is the control of the networks/insurance companies when it comes to fair pricing for products/services...it is ironic to point out that we have the same control over our own products/services yet few exercise that control. it's the american dream; the same capitalist society that built our cities, homes, trucks and this very computer.

deep down, many of us know what we need to do to flourish. how willing are you to go and get it? those who don't know will stay in survival mode, but find it harder and harder to keep their head afloat. these aren't easy decisions, but who ever said this stuff was easy?

that said, i don't have the answers. i only have questions.

i hope everyone has a healthy and prosperous new year.

regards
scott

Re: 10 years

10 years ago?? You should have been here 20 years ago. We gave away countless chip repairs to agents just to get them to try it out. If it lasted 90 days they then payed us for it. Those were some hard fought and very lean years for sure.

Thankfully many repair technicians, or pioneers you could say, stuck through those hard times and paved they way for many of us that profit from windshield repair now. I do believe the two services, repair and replacement, have now met each other and are widely accepted by most AGR companies as being vital to their businesses.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com